✩Two✩

The last bell of the school day rang and you rushed out of your class and into the hall. You were quickly swept away by the crowd of people going the same way you were. Leaving the school you found yourself with Greg, Troy, and James. You tagged along behind them as they were walking, not exactly sure where they were going. You heard troy yell out:

"Frog face, look at me when I'm talking to you!" oh no. oh no oh no oh no. Frog face was what he called mike which meant. oh crap. You hit Greg in the stomach to get his attention

"y/n what the hell?" he exclaims. You shush him,

"Stop them." You whisper.

"The nerds?"

"No, Troy and James."

"What? No!"

"At least back me up, I'm going to"

"Y/n, wait-" You pushed past Greg and walked around Troy to stand between him and Mike, the other boys were there too.

"Um, y/n? Move your pretty little head out of the way so I have a clear shot at knocking frog face's lights out." Troy said with a chuckle.

"No. Leave them alone." You said defiantly looking at Greg for back up. He averted his eyes. fine.

"I'll knock yours out too, you know that right? If you don't move in...threee," you brace yourself and hold your ground, "...twooo," you clench your fists and you hear Mike's heavy breathing behind you. You're sure he can hear yours too. "ONE!" Troy shouts beginning to swing his fist when Greg holds his arm back. "What the hell Greg? You standing up for your giiiiiiiiiirl friend? Well she's out of line, get your bitch on a leash."

"I'm not his bitch, Just fuck off Troy." You stammer out, breathing between each word.

"Fine, but you better be over this by tomorrow, I can't be seen with some one who defends Frog face and his gang of fags, speaking of which where is the queer?"

"GO!" you shout. Troy raises his hands in surrender and backs away before turning his back and walking. Greg gives you a small wave before following after them. Once they're out of sight you sink down to your knees and put your head in your hands. Y/n you just actually stood up for someone. Against Troy. Oh my god.

"y/n, are you okay? y/n?" You heard a voice say in front of you. You lift your head and look into Lucas' brown eyes. He's kneeling in front of you, "y/n...thanks...for uh...saving our asses, that was... uh...r-really cool of you." He stands up and sticks out a hand to help you up. You take it and rise to your feet slowly.

"Are you guys okay?" You manage to ask. They all nod. "I know you guys don't really know me at all but I can't help but ask, is Will okay? I barely know him but he's a nice kid and one of my friends is worried too and I just-"

"We don't really know..." Lucas said, cutting you off, "Chief hopper came to talk to us today about it, apparently Will never came home last night."

"Or rather he did, his stuff was there just.. he wasn't." Dustin added

"Guys. We shouldn't be telling her this stuff, just cause she saved us it doesn't mean she gets to know all of this." Mike said kicking a pebble on the ground.

"Don't you think you're being a little harsh on her? She did literally just save you from getting punched in the face Mike..." Lucas pointed out. Mike shrugged walking off to the bike stand to grab his bike. "Sorry I don't know what his deal is."

"It's fine." You said pinching the bridge of your nose.

"So uh, his bike wasn't there either...." Dustin said, "So we told Hopper what we knew and he told us not to look for him on our own."

"Are...are you guys going to listen to him?" You Inquire.

"Ha, no."