2 - SURRENDER

ANGRBODA PANTED FOR breath, spotting the facade of the National Institute of Bioresource Technology. She recognised it from seeing it earlier on television. She couldn't remember the last time she'd raced so fast and pitied the Earthlings who had the misfortune of standing in her way.

The scene she witnessed was that of total chaos. People exited the building screaming in horror and a dozen police cars surrounded the area. Panic was almost palpable.

The Harpy climbed on top of a nearby building and kept her eyes locked on the entrance of the establishment, waiting for Loki to come out so she could take him by surprise.

She finally spotted him amidst the crowd. He was walking out, painstakingly slow, parading like a peacock in his gold armour and horned helmet. No doubt about it; it was definitely Loki.

Angrboda squinted slightly, spotting her Scepter in his right hand. She saw him wave the Scepter, blasting the police cars and flipping them over under the horrified screams of the crowd.

He stood in front of the masses and said something which Angrboda was too far away to hear. People continued to run and fret in every direction, almost ignoring his presence. It clearly must've angered Loki because the next thing he said, he screamed so loudly that even she, from her spot on top of the building, was able to hear it.

"I said, KNEEL BEFORE ME!"

A deadly silence fell over the crowd. It reeked of sheer terror, making Angrboda almost scoff when they all began to kneel in front of Loki, one after the other.

"Is this not simpler?" He began in a solemn tone "Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation

"Is this not simpler?" He began in a solemn tone "Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity, that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power, for identity," he paused to see the effect of his words on the crowd "You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel."

The Harpy snorted in disdain, rolling her eyes. What a fool...

It was her cue to jump in. He was too busy terrorizing the Earthlings, his guard was as low as it would ever be.

She got to her feet, preparing to jump, but suddenly a figure in red, blue and white appeared out of, seemingly, nowhere. A frown spread on her face as she scrutinized the newcomer. He stood tall, a circular shield in his hand, clearly not intimidated by the God of Mischief. They exchanged a few words but again, Angrboda was too far to hear.

That's when she noticed the grumbling of an engine above their heads. She looked up and saw a monstrous jet plane hovering over everybody. It must've been where the man in the blue suit had come from. A feminine voice rose from the speakerphones of the plane:

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down!"

Before she knew it, several machine guns popped out of the bottom of the plane, all aimed at Loki.