4 - ANGIE

THE SOUND OF THE ENGINE buzzed in the background, alleviating the heavy silence inside the jet as all five super warriors sat, recuperating from the eventful night they just had.

The last thing Angrboda had expected was to team up with Thor and the other humans in order to arrest Loki. She certainly hadn't expected to be heading back to their headquarters either... but there she was.

During the plane ride, the Harpy got a full debriefing of the situation, courtesy of the Captain in the spangly outfit — or Steve Rogers, as he said his name was.

She learned that Tony, Steve and Natasha worked for S.H.I.E.L.D, an organisation aimed at and defeating any threat that looms over Earth – which clearly included Loki.

In truth, she was reticent to follow them at first. They were only humans after all... but those humans had given her a real run for her money in a fight. Although she didn't trust them fully yet, it was certainly something that commanded respect.

She was brought out of her thoughts by the incessant babbling of Steve. He was going on about some man called Fury who – if she understood well – had launched the operation for Loki's arrest. He also mentioned another man who could supposedly turn into a giant green monster; but she was only listening distractedly.

A small silence settled in until she caught Tony's eye "Ang..." he hesitated before clearing his throat "You know what, can I just call you Angie?"

Angrboda stared at him callously "Absolutely not."

This made the others chuckle for some reason, but Tony seemed unfazed.

"Right, so let me get this straight, the Scepter that Loki was using actually belongs to Angie?"

Angrboda heaved a long sigh "That's right..."

"And who gave the Scepter to you?"

"My old mentor, Grimolf. He gave me the responsibility of guarding the Scepter, right before he died."

"And you did a marvelous job at that," she heard Thor mutter under his breath.

Angrboda shot him a dark look "Almost as marvelous as you did keeping your brother on a leash, Odinson."

Thor didn't bother to reply and kept a hard and composed face.

"Brace yourselves for the landing!" Natasha called out from the pilot seat and right enough, the jet settled almost immediately on a hard surface that wasn't exactly ground.

As she got out of the plane, Angrboda could see that Steve hadn't exaggerated when he said S.H.I.E.L.D's headquarters consisted of a colossal aerial vehicle. They called it the Helicarrier and it stood approximately 30,000 feet above the ground. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't impressed.

 She couldn't lie and say she wasn't impressed