11 - AGENT COULSON

LOKI WALKED BACK toward her menacingly, the tip of the Scepter pointed right at her chest. She was forced to take steps back every time Loki stepped forward until he pushed her into the glass cell that had imprisoned him.

"What are you doing?!" she bellowed, tears building in her eyes "Just kill me already!"

"Kill you?" he repeated before pressing on a button on the control panel that closed the glass cell, trapping the Harpy inside "No, I won't kill you Angrboda. Not you."

Angrboda's breath got caught in her throat. There was an unusually sincere expression in Loki's eyes. It baffled her to no end.

She knew he wouldn't kill her in memory of the years they had been together... If the thick glass wasn't separating them, Angrboda would have probably spat in his face. It disgusted her that he could pretend to have consideration for the love they once shared, now and after everything.

A few tears of rage spilled from her eyes as she glanced back at Phil who was still slumped against the computers, breathing heavily. The wound in his chest was gushing with blood and Angrboda knew he wouldn't last much longer.

Loki walked away without even looking back, leaving her trapped in the glass cell. Watching him stroll out of the detention center made her rage grow tenfold. She smacked the glass repeatedly, taking all her anger out on it while shouting the most obscene curses she could think of.

"You're... wasting your... en..ener..gy" she suddenly heard.

The Harpy bit her lip, putting a halt to her pointless outburst. An incredible sadness took over her, hearing Coulson's feeble voice.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Gosh Phil I'm so sorry, this is my fault."

"Hey," he managed to crack the faintest smile "It comes with the job."

"Just... just try to stay awake okay?"

"I'm dying."

Phil's eyes were blurring out but he heard the small gasp in her voice and could tell she was crying silently.

"Loki won't win, you know," he muttered.

"What?"

"It's in his nature, he will lose."

She really wanted to believe that but optimism was never her forte "Everyone is scattered, we're under attack, the aircraft could fall any minute and kill us all... where is his disadvantage?"

"He lacks conviction."

His answer left her speechless. She pondered it for a second but the echo of some footsteps stomping in the distance interrupted her thoughts.

She braced herself, expecting the worst... but heaved a sigh of relief watching Thor walk in. She couldn't remember a time where she'd been happier to see him.

He stood in astonishment at the scene in front of him. No doubt that he must've been wondering how she'd ended up inside Loki's cell but the biggest shock came from seeing Agent Coulson impaled and dying.

Without needing to ask he told Angrboda to move out of the way and threw Mjölnir at the glass, shattering it to pieces. She shielded her face from the shards though some of them inevitably lodged in her hair and left a few cuts on her skin. But she was free, it was all that mattered.

They both rushed to Phil's side. His face was ashen and cold and his body slumped weakly against the wall. His breath came out with a long wheeze.

Angrboda fell to her knees to be at eye level with him "Stay with me Phil, please!"