Epilogue.

On appearance, it was just a regular day in Central Park... A regular day, if one overlooked the wreckage caused by the Chitauri and the ongoing reconstructions, of course.

A gentle breeze flowed over Manhattan and the Harpy of Jötunheim closed her eyes, enjoying the warm rays of sun on the side of her face. Those were her last moments on Earth and her mind was a whirlwind of conflicted emotions.

But now was not the time to get emotional.

She heard her name called by a deep voice, startling her a little. Thor stood there, a knowing look on his face. It was time.

She turned to face the God of Thunder and the darker figure at his side. Loki was handcuffed and muzzled, waiting somberly to be escorted back to Asgard.

It had been difficult to say goodbye to her newfound friends. Saying goodbye to Tony had been the hardest, of course. Everything was clouded with so much uncertainty, she didn't know what was appropriate to say anymore.

Never, in a million years, had she expected to grow so fond of this world and its people. She felt like a completely different person from the shield-maiden who had arrived on Earth for revenge and other selfish reasons. She recalled this old version of herself with a lot of fondness though. After all, it was every choice she made, all the mistakes and the accomplishments that got her to where she was today.

Thor adjusted the cylindrical glass tube that contained the Tesseract. The tube had two handles at each end; he was already gripping one and holding up the other in the Harpy's direction.

Loki's hand reluctantly rested on his brother's shoulder, in order to be taken by the portal along with them.

They wielded the energy of the Tesseract and soon, a blue beam enveloped their three bodies, pulling them into an interdimensional channel. They disappeared soundlessly, teleporting all the way back to Asgard.