Watch Duty...?

"It's getting pretty dark...should we go look for them?" Kai questioned his two friends, searching the darkening sky. The clouds were slowly being etched out of the dark blue sky, stars replacing the placement of the clouds. He squinted and looked back down at the hoodless ice and lightning ninja. Jay turned his phone on sleep mode and leaned backwards on one of the many rough, thick forest trees. He fixed his hair and thought about Kai's idea.
"I'm not sure. Didn't Wu seem really serious about us being stayed put?" Jay replied, shifting his head to the side nervously.
"That is correct." Zane spoke, taking his glasses off and shoving them away in his pocket. He took his guitar and leaned it against a medium sized rock that poked out from the muggy green terrain.
"Then do we just sit and do nothing?"
Zane and Jay shared a glance before shrugging.
"We shouldn't disobey Master Wu's orders, Kai. You remember the last time you did that, don't you?" Zane said. Kai then felt a shiver up his spine, whistling a 'ooh'. He did remember. How couldn't he? Kai shook the idea out of his head and nodded.
"Besides, it wouldn't hurt to just chill out here overnight," Jay gestured to the ground. "Master Wu said this place never gets cold, so we should be okay just hunkering down here."
The fire ninja cringed. The idea of sleeping on nearly moist grass for the night didn't sound like fun time to him. He put on his best pleading eyes.
"Please tell me you have a blanket of some kind?"
Jay shook his head. Kai quickly looked over to Zane, who also shook his head. Kai sadly sighed and fell flat on his bottom onto the grass. Not by his surprise, it wasn't entirely dry grass.
"This sucks."
Zane smiled at the poor red ninja, his face twitching. A idea had sparked in his advanced mind. Zane leaned down and sat down next to Kai, poking at his arm. He got Kai's attention.
"Would a movie make you feel better about the situation?"
Kai's eyes lit up like the Fourth of July. He gasped and clasped his hands together.
"Really?! You could play some for me?!" Kai squealed out. Jay sat down next to Kai, looking rather excited as well. Zane happily nodded his head.
"I would be quite happy too!"
With that, his face swirled into what resembled a screen with loud static. A few seconds later, it turned into a black screen. Dark music started to play from the white ninja.
---
It was three hours into their action packed movies, and Jay had his attention drawn back to his phone. He was playing a app he downloaded a few weeks ago, his eyes glued to the screen. he tapped at the little food bowl icon and fed his virtual pet. The pet, a small blue bird, jumped with a smiley emoticon flashing in the corner. Jay smiled and put his phone back into it's sleep mode for the first time in nearly a hour. He looked up.
Zane was on the ground, his face back to it's regular deadpan expression, his eyes a incredibly darkened blue. It signified that he had powered down, or 'as humans would call it', asleep. Kai was curled around the ninja in white, asleep as well. His head was tucked up near Zane's. Jay laughed, but kept his noise down. Quickly, he powered his phone back to life and twiddled with it until he got to the camera. He set the flash on and aimed at the two figures on the ground. A tongue out in concentration, he chuckled gently beneath his breath.
"Nya's gonna get a kick outta this one..."