he didn't know what to do with himself (part one probably)

//kinda based off season 8 where snake jaguar fucks shit up//

"I'm sorry!"
Zane's bright blue eyes shone in fear, the shining color the only light in the room. It was the only way anyone could make out anything in the room since it was almost 1 in the morning. The robot was huddled against the corner of his bedroom, similar to a way a wild animal would look when it was cornered with no way out. A foot away from him was the red ninja of fire decked out in his striped sleep wear. Behind him, standing at the doorway, was Jay in his own pajamas and fuzzy bunny slippers that Cole had given to him. They had heard the strange sounds coming out of Zane's room and both decided to check it out after being awakened by it.
"What are you sorry for?"
"Everything!"
Zane got up in a hurry, pupils unfocused and jittering around in the synthetic pools of blue that was his eyes. He got up to a high crouch, leaping away from Kai as well as the corner. Zane rolled on the ground before scurrying onto the bed. Under his bed, he pulled out a spare arrow that he had kept for safety at night. His back was against the wall, standing up on the mattress.
"I'm sorry-I'm sorry-I'm sorryI'msorry-"
"There must be something wrong with his wiring!" Jay shouted into the room, entering it and closing the door behind him as a precaution. They didn't want Zane escaping them. Kai, in the meantime, was trying to take the gentle approach as best as he could. Though, it was pretty rough when you had the temper of a two year old when he couldn't get a toy at the store. Kai's teeth clenched tightly together, nearly scraping and grinding against each other.
"Zane, you need to think rationally."
The response? A whole bunch of sorry pouring out of the robot's mouth. Kai sighed, looking back at Jay and shrugging. Jay gave him a dead glare.
"Could you just get him to a point where he can like...sit down? I can open up his control panel if you can chill him out. I'll get my stuff-"
"Wait!"
Too late; Jay was out the door. The click of the door setting back in it's place gave Kai another thing to sigh about, turning back over to the crazed white ninja. He took a steady breath in.
"Okay Kai...lets just...try to understand that your friend...needs help." Kai hummed to himself, trying to get in the right mindset. It helped a bit. A pretty-much-fake smile crossed his face as he sauntered right up to the bedside, causing Zane's head to tilt up. His silver, titanium skin blinked over his artificial skin, his forms shifting from human to robotic in seconds. It blinked again, and a third time. His panic was starting to skyrocket and Kai could tell.
"Zane, please, it's okay! I'm pretty sure you just had a bad nightmare..."
"No!"
Kai was surprised to hear something other than 'sorry' out of the white ninja.
"No-No it's not okay, it wasn't a nightmare. I've hurt you. I've hurt Cole. I've hurt Jay. I've h-"
In one quick motion, Zane had stabbed himself with the pointed arrow into his neck, complete without warning. His titanium overlay glitched from human to titanium at a speed that could give one something to convulse about. Kai held a shout in the back of his throat, stepping back with his arms out to his side. Zane didn't make much of any noise either. Sparks fluttered out of his body like electric butterflies, scattering around the room. Zane's eyes were wide and blinking to a dark blue to signify a possible shut down, small drips of a oil like substance slowly seeping out from his body.
"Zane-Zane what was that?! Zane?!" Kai had found his voice, running over to the fellow ninja who had collapsed onto the bed, one of his arms twitching madly. The way Zane had landed on the bed lodged the arrow in his neck even deeper, making a few more bursts of blue sparks fly. His back arched and then settled.
"Zane!" Kai shouted, taking Zane's cold robotic cheeks and moving his head so he could look at him dead in the eyes. The eyes that were once filled with icy blue were now dulled to a dark blue overtone. There was still life in them. A small glimmer of hope.
"W-Why did you do that man?! What's wrong with you?!"
Zane's eyes blinked in color again, his breathing hitched. "I-I don't kn-ow...I felt like...I felt like...I had too." His breathing dropped again. Kai was in a frenzy, trying to keep Zane with him. His gaze turned to the door, where Jay had busted in with a pair of gloves on and a tool box in his right had. Once he entered, he laid eyes on the scene. The impact of the situation took a moment to actually set it for the blue one.
"I was gone for two minutes?!"
"That doesn't matter, Jay! Get over here and help him!" A choked voice came out of Kai, his lip quivering obviously despite red's best efforts to hide it. Jay raised his hands up in a 'ok, fine' gesture and swooped his toolbox back up into his hand. Hurriedly, he came to Zane's bedside and thumped the box onto the foot of the bed. He opened it up and began to rummage through all the different kind of tools. Kai kept his grasp on Zane's face, desperately looking into the almost unrecognizable face for a answer to his question.
Why did he do this?
Kai lifted the titanium head up a bit to look at the neck. It was still gushing at a steady pace, the liquid plopping onto the bed and staining his light grey sheets with a unpleasant black. The arrow that he had used to create the gash was still lodged, of course. It was black in the first place, but with the oil substance waterfalling down it, it seemed even more pitch black than it usually did. It was a sight that made Kai's stomach turn.
"You need to get this out."
Jay eyed what Kai was talking about. His eyebrows furrowed down and he continued to rush through his tools.
"I'm a dabbler in the engineering arts, Kai. Not the medical arts. All I can do is take a look at his system and...maybe I can find out if he had a virus or something!" Was Jay's rebuttal.
"Th-en, should we just pull it out then?! I swear it's getting deeper!"
"It's not, trust me."
"How would you know?! You just said you had no idea about this kinda stuff!"
"What is all the yelling about?"
The new feminine voice shocked blue and red. At the door stood Nya and the beautiful Princess of Ninjago; Harumi. Kai almost barked a 'thank the first spinjitsu master' when he saw the arrival of the two women.
"It's Zane! He went haywire and-" Kai moved out of the way to show the duo the inflicting damage. The two gasped upon seeing the fletching of the arrow pierced through the metallic skin. hey made quick up to the two boys.
"Zane! Zane, can you hear me?!" Nya shouted in front of Zane's face. "Is he responsive at all?"
The robotic ninja continued to twitch with no verbal response uttered. Kai looked worriedly over at Nya. "Not...really. Unless you call that a response."
"First things first, that arrow's coming out." Sternly said Harumi, leaning in to get a good view of the weapon.
"Yep. Good thing you didn't pull it out. That's the worst way to remove one." Nya said breathlessly, stumbling out of the room to get supplies to work with. Kai gulped.
- - -
It took most of the night to correctly remove the arrow, and it was a whole night of tired waiting on the ninja's part. The rest of the team had been wakened soon after Nya began her makeshift surgery to get the arrow out as painlessly as possible. Even if Zane had the hard tough skin of a robot, he still was sensitive in certain areas, and one of those areas happened to be his neck.
Zane was left in his bed, eyes completely darkened to signify that he was out cold. He was propped up on the wall with a pillow, his neck wrapped evenly and his head tilted to the side. Jay was busy doing his thing; inspecting the insides of his mechanical friend. Kai, Lloyd, and Nya remained in the room, talking amongst themselves in the corner in some rather small beanbag chairs that they had pressured Zane into getting months ago. Jay retracted his screwdriver and set it aside. Then, he messed around in the circuit board some more. Among all the technology and dangerously organized wiring, he had found something of interest. The item that had caught his eye was a chip that was arrogantly shoved into the inner chest plate. It was lined with a deep lavender with the base color of a dark blue. It seemed to be dotted with some sort of rust. Quite the strange object. Jay managed to tug it out with a few pulls, almost causing Zane's heavy body to topple.
"Now what do you think you're doing inside my friend?" He muttered to the chip as he pulled it out, studying the design that was splashed all over the chip. It wasn't something he had seen before. He quickly figured that it had to be related to the Sons of Garmadon. Ever since the spider incident, everyone was careful with Zane, and even Nya tried to tidy up his system. Must've missed something.
"Hey guys, think I struck gold?" Jay spoke out loud, spinning around and showing off the chip. The three ninja looked over at him with shared looks of surprise.
"Woah...what's that?" Nya asked in awe as they approached.
"Noo idea, but this was probably the root." Jay replied, shaking the technology in his hand.
"I'll take it to scan then," Nya spoke, opening her palm to receive the chip. Once she had it in hand, she gestured the green ninja to come with her, which he obediently did. "Kai, mind chilling out with Zane for a bit? Just in case he wakes up?"
"Was that supposed to be a joke?"
Nya snorted. "Nope...sure was funny though now that I think of it!"
With a few laughs, Nya was out with Lloyd following her. Jay locked his bright blue toolbox shut with a huff and heaved it off the bedside. He shuffled around in his slippers before beginning to head out.
He stopped next to Kai and put a hand on his shoulder.
"Look man, I know you're worried, but he'll be fine. Trust me on this, 'kay?" He flashed a smile.
Kai chuckled warmly, patting Jay's back in return for the kind words. He nodded tearfully. With that, Jay heaved up his toolbox again to get a better grip on it and walked out. All that was left was the powered down robot and the silent red ninja.