Switches, Dials, Buttons, Oh my!

(show!verse, before Titanium Ninja)
(made for vocab practice, still working on all the requests!<3) (implied bruise)

A uproarious laughter filled the Destiny's Bounty, Zane crumpling down on the floor with his hand's outward after preforming 'Hello My Baby' for the fifth time that day. He panted as he laid on the floor, his friends still in a laughing frenzy.
"Oh man! I love that!" Laughed Jay. Zane smiled at that comment.
"I'm...glad you enjoy...it." Zane panted. Nya reached a hand down to Zane, which he gladly took into his. She steadied the android steady on his two feet. Zane wiped beads of sweat off his forehead with the heel of his hand. The other boys calmed down, laughter dying to subtle giggles.
"Who knew...really! You know you could be such a show stopper at parties!" Jay snickered, looking over at Cole who nodded in agreement.
"Yeah! We should bring you down to the village and give the people some entertainment down there. They're all grumpy dudes." The smallest clad in green spoke, rubbing his arm. Kai wrung a arm around Lloyd's neck and rubbed his fist against the blonde's hair in a affectionate noogie.
"I think they were just grumpy because soooomebody kept taking their candy!" Kai laughed. Lloyd protested against it, but he gave in rather quick and began to giggle. Being the 'modest' ninja he knew he was, he unlatched from Lloyd.
"Okay boys, stop messin' around. I'm gonna start cooking some dinner," Nya said, putting her hands on her hips and raising her head. "And I would like it if you didn't make so much noise so I can focus. That pertains especially to you, hothead." She pointed at Kai. Kai played a shocked look, making the rest of them laugh. After a good laugh, everyone dissembled to do their own thing; Cole and Jay going off to do whatever they usually did, Nya heading to the kitchen, Lloyd going to the game room (no surprise there), and Zane to the shared bedroom. Kai was the only one left standing in the hallway, nothing really on his mind. He didn't know exactly what he wanted to do while he waited for dinner. Play video games with Lloyd? No. He would cry if he lost. Go help Nya cook? No...that was boring. Go join the electric and earth ninja? Nah...Kai had the funny feeling that they wanted time to themselves anyway...
Zane?
Kai casually walked up to the door of the shared bedroom and opened it up to find Zane tumbling around with some scrolls. Various parchments littered and rolled across the floor as Zane lost himself in the explosion of lessons.
"Zane?! What are you doin' buddy?!" Kai yelled out over the noise off paper and papyrus floating around the room in a tornado of sorts.
"Oh, oh my! My apologies! I was trying to find a certain scroll to read and...they all fell off the shelf!"
Zane jumped in the air a few times and caught some of the escaping loose papers. Kai ran into the room and began to scoop up some scrolls from off the floor, helping Zane. It took a few minutes to collect them all and throw them into a heap on the wooden floor. They both sighed with relief once it was all done and over with.
"Thank you." Zane said with a look of relief.
"Ey, no problem dude." Kai patted Zane's back as he went over to one of the bunk beds. He sat himself down and leaned back on the wall, watching Zane. The robotic ninja was now picking through the heap, wondering what kind of lessons he could read about today.
"Would you like to read one, Kai?" He asked out loud, sensing Kai's eyes on him. Kai, caught off guard, leaned forward and put his hands in his lap.
"Ahm...Nah thanks..."
"Nonsense!" Zane chuckled. "I'll get one that we can read together!"
Kai couldn't help but to smile at the enthusiasm of the white ninja. It suited him to be happy. Kai wiped at his cheek, feeling it warm up. Weird.
"Oh, this one is perfect!" Zane picked up a thick scroll and giddily made his way over to Kai and sat down right next to him. Attentive, Kai peered over Zane's shoulder as he began to unravel to reveal the intelligence that was inside. Kai, however, had suddenly gotten the urge to...'explore'. His eyes narrowed and he looked at Zane's face. The blue eyes were glued to what was in his hands.
Perfect.
Kai tried his best to be subtle as he slowly moved his hand onto Zane's arm, pressure non-existent. Zane didn't seem to notice or really mind the touch from the fire ninja, much to Kai's excitement. He was going to pull this off! In what felt like a quick second, he flipped open Zane's wrist.
"Kai!" Zane exclaimed, almost jumping out of his seat on the bed. They were both astonished over the small panel that laid over the nindroid's wrist. A few buttons of different colors dotted the grey panel, one blinking furiously.
"Ooooh...coool." Went Kai, the same hand that opened the panel now hovering over the buttons. Zane was about to stop him, to tell him not to mess with his new robotic abilities, but Kai was far too fast.
The button he pressed was the smallest one on the wrist panel, a tiny green one that looked like it was a shrunken version of a arcade button. The two sat in a uneasy silence for a few seconds, both of them waiting for something to happen that was either good or bad. Nothing ever came.
"...Do you feel any different?"
Zane blinked. Good question, did he feel different? Zane looked down at the wrist panel and closed it with a 'click', then looking up at the bottom of the higher bunk. Nothing felt off. Nothing felt weird. He felt...perfectly normal.
"Nope."

---

Kai and Zane had just about finished their small talk about 'boundaries' and how 'you shouldn't touch people randomly', boring Kai to the underworld and back. That's when Nya shouted,
"Dinner's ready!"
Something clicked in Zane's head. He suddenly felt drained of everything in his stomach...if he even had a stomach. Like his entire body just emptied out what had put in it earlier in a instant.
"...Food."
"Hmm?" Kai questionably looked over at Zane, assuming that he heard Zane wrong.
"Food...I need food!" Zane screamed, hurrying out of the room. Kai, taken aback, sat and listened to the fast footsteps of the robot. Then, a crash, coupled by a scream. That was the call for Kai to go check out what happened. He jumped off the bed and darted down the hallway, his eyes wide when he came up to the kitchen of the bounty. Nya was standing near the corner, her arms up in a submissive gesture. On the floor was Zane, eating out a pot that he knocked onto the floor. The way he ate really mirrored one of a dog's, which really made the situation all the more...weird.
"Zane?! Dude!" Kai finally yelled, shaking his head and waltzing closer to the white ninja. Zane didn't react at all to Kai's advance, still swallowing handfuls of spaghetti that he dragged out of the pot. The sounds were horrendous. Enough to make Kai gag in actuality.
"Kai, don't you DARE throw up on this floor. We just cleaned it!" Nya hissed from the other side of the kitchen.
"Hey guys...what...happened to Zane?"
Kai turned to find the small Lloyd, sharing the same surprised expression as all of them. Nya shrugged.
"I dunno! He just came in here and started goin' at the spaghetti! He tipped it on the floor and didn't even bother to...pick it up..." Nya explained, grossed out by the continued sounds of Zane's loud swallowing of clumps of dinner.
"I think...I might know what have happened." Kai sighed, his hands grabbing at each other. He held his hands together as he felt the two waiting for the explanation for the wild behavior.
"Go on with it." Nya said, her hand gestures telling Kai to hurry up.
"I was messing with his buttons," Kai whined out. "Aaaand I might'veeee hit one that could've caused this."
Zane ate the rest of the cooked food, sighing contently and sitting back from his hunched position. It took the nindroid to come out of the cloud of ecstasy he was in to notice what he had just done. He jumped in place and nervously looked up at his teammates in the room.
"O..h! I'm...so sorry! I don't know what came over me!" Zane stupendously spoke out, guilty painting his face as he looked back down at the pot he had just ravaged through. He picked it up, stood up, and carefully put it in the sink. Nya walked up behind Zane and put a comforting hand on his back, rubbing it gently.
"It's okay Zane, it wasn't your fault." Nya reassured, her sharp eyes meeting back over to her brother, sending a shiver up Kai's spine. Lloyd laughed.
It was safe to say that dinner time was a hour late that night.

---

"Hey...hey! Kai!"
Kai squinted his eyes open, only seeing darkness. He took a fist to his eye and rubbed the sleepiness out of it.
"Wh..at's up?" He moaned out, his eyes now functioning and starting to get used to the darkness. Once his eyes were fully accustomed, he was tempted to roll over and pass what he saw off as a weird cheese dream. But no. After today, he couldn't safely assume that.
It was Jay. Nothing weird about that. But what was weird was Zane was there too. Clutched onto Jay's side. The robot's arms were cradled under Jay's shoulder and his legs were wrapped around his forearm and stomach. And by the lack of blinding blue in his eyes, he was asleep.
"What...is this?"
"I was messing with a dial. Think I hit the...'cuddly one'." Sighed Jay in defeat. He tried to pry the Zane off his person, but the poor frail teen was holding on for dear life.
"I...can't get him off. But I was thinking...since you're warm...he might get off to be with you?"
Kai blinked. "Why would he want to be warm? He's like...the manifestation of ice itself."
"I dunno," Jay shrugged, rather defeated. "But it's worth a shot."
Kai reluctantly agreed to helping Jay out of pure groggy thinking, stumbling out of bed and getting upright in front of Jay.
"Ooookay...c'mon buddy..." Jay spoke softly, plucking at Zane's hands. Kai's hands outstretched, looking ready to give the biggest hug. Jay wasn't getting anywhere by probing at Zane's hands, so he started to shuffle closer to Kai's open embrace. Electricity and Fire stood for a good strong minute before they finally got somewhere. Zane's form twitched around a bit. Then, as if he was a tree frog leaping onto another tree, Zane bounded off Jay and latched onto Kai's body. Kai stumbled back, putting his arms quickly around the new weight. Things settled quickly from there. Jay thanked Kai and went back to bed. Now it was just Kai and...Zane. Kai wondered how he got into this mess...and how he was going to sleep tonight. 

Though...through the whirring of Zane's chest and his light breathing, he found himself drifting off in no time. He even recalled putting his arms around Zane that night.