early days (Quick)

2nd grade.
A ripe grade in a child's school career. A carefree grade as well. At Ninjago Elementary, the second graders were given most of the recess time. Nobody knew why and the school staff didn't care enough to change the block time for recess since it was only a few couple minutes that the second graders were given for play time.
Today was a sunny day, the rays of sunlight breaking through the cotton clouds from above. The sounds of children yelling and running through gravel was evident at the Ninjago Elementary playground. It was a decent sized playground, for it was redesigned and remodeled just a few years before. The entire thing looked brand new even, aside from the few rust stains here and there on the swing sets or the slides.
At the swing sets however, sat one lonely boy. Nobody dared to get near him. It was a 'universally' known thing not to get in too much contact with the small white haired boy. He had a bright smile, a white flattop with the same color jacket, and black bagged shorts. His eyes were something else. Glowing bright blue and never blinking. The gust slowly teetered his seat at the swing set as he stared into nothingness. Zane was alone. He didn't mind...did he?
Footsteps.
Zane's face went strictly flat and his head rotated to the loudening noise. Into his sights came a small boy dressed in red. The child had wild brown hair, a red t-shirt, and ripped up pants. The kid didn't make any notice to Zane, his eyes darting through the playground. He seemed to be panting, Zane assuming that he was beginning to grow out of breath.
"Hello?"
The wild child stopped in mid step, glaring over to the fellow child dressed in copious amounts of white. His large eyes scanned over stiff Zane before a smile etched on his face.
"Hello there!" He waved, striding over to him.
Zane perked up. This was the first time someone didn't pass him off. The first time someone didn't ignore him. The first time someone was...interested in him! His legs excitedly kicked on the seat as the brunette ran over.
"Who might you be?" Zane smiled, his shoulders bouncing.
"I'm Kai! Kai Smith! And don't you forget it!" Laughed Kai, taking a seat next to Zane on the swing next to him. He had trouble at first getting onto the rubber seat since he was so short, but he got it under control once he positioned his butt in the right place in the mid of the seat. Kai gently kicked his legs, trying to touch his sneakers back onto the ground.
"I'm Zane." Zane replied, nodding. He was truly interested in this specimen named 'Kai Smith'. Zane stared at him, something Kai didn't seem to mind. He looked over each body part of the child.
Zane gasped.
Kai stopped kicking and immediately looked up at his new mutual. Zane hopped off his seat and rushed to Kai, taking a tight hold on one of the chains of the seat to steady it. The eight year old Zane brought his ice cold hand up to Kai's face, causing him to flinch.
"Your eye!"
"What 'bout it?"
"It's cracking!" Zane whined, rubbing his small hand against the bright red line that trailed from the top of Kai's eyelid all the way down to the middle of his cheek. Kai shook his head gently to get Zane to release his grip, in which he did. The red boy wore another smile.
"Oh, I'm not cracking! Are you talking about my uber cool battle wound?"
Battle wound?
What was that?
Zane shifted uncomfortably where he was standing, pouting. Kai noticed and his smile melted into concern. "Don't worry about it though! I have it all under control. It's just something that's...uh...there now." He tried his best to explain. The boy in white still pouted, his arms crossed.
"We need to cover it up! You'll get sick if you leave it open like that." Zane grumbled.
Kai rolled his eyes, chortling. "It's been taken care of. Trust me, Zane."
Zane thought about it for a moments time before backing off. "Okay..."
Kai just stared down the new friend. He shuffled off the seat and walked up close to Zane. Quickly, he planted a small kiss on his forehead.
"Thank you for being concerned, buddy."
With that, he was off in a flash.
Zane was left dumbfounded, staring at the empty seat that was occupied seconds ago. He came back to reality and rubbed his forehead.
He felt warm.