you may not have noticed

here's a few references and little facts you may have missed while reading hard times!

-the entire story is named after "hard times," by paramore. i chose this song for the lyrics. you should listen to it!!

- there was a different version of chapter one, "richie's thoughts," but i redid it due to the storyline changing.

- i chose the pumped up kicks remix for "stan's club," because wyatt oleff, the actor who plays stan, has made several videos of himself using that song.

- there were two references in "the emergency."
• the first one was when richie was singing, and he says he sings "like a beautiful.. like a beautiful nothing because he can't sing." this is a quote from jack grazer, the actor who plays eddie, and he said it during a video with finn wolfhard, the actor who plays richie.
the actual quote is:
"finn can sing like a beautiful...
nothing, nothing because he can't sing.
*finn sings an opera note in the background*

•the next reference was what richie drew in the dirt. a little green ogre, and a donkey. sound familiar? it's shrek! richie left the drawings for someone else to find. and the finder called them shrek and created a cartoon!

-"stan's aftermath," was actually a dream stan had. it's what convinced him to wake up.

- in coffee and tea, when richie wakes up, i referenced a vine. richie says to "buy her some flowers, bitches love flowers." it seemed like something richie would say.

-in the conclusion, i tried to make as many of the character outcomes similar to the book characters.

NEXT UP:
NEW BOOK VOTING :)