Book three(trials and triumph of a Nun)

It was early March and the start of the Monsoon season. The rains came early this year, much of this tropical city was submerged by flood water and power supply was cut to most parts of the city.

The staff at Rosemary's girls college worked from dusk to dawn to ensure that their girls were dry and warm;by distributing blankets which were stored in the attic, providing warm meals and hot water for all to bathe with.
Reverend Sister Victoria Dike as the school vice administrator and language instructor supervised things strictly during this period .

Twenty years had passed since her horrific encounter with Kunle, She never heard from him again. Vicky had done quite well for herself within the past twenty years. She now had a diploma in international languages and a degree in Law and legal studies.
At thirty six, Vicky was still a beautiful queen, she worn her veil with grace. Her encounter with Kunle twenty years back left her with numerous visible scars on face; on the left side of her face, the scar ran from her ear lobe to the tip of her jaw. Then another ran across the face cutting through the nose with numerous tiny marks on her forehead.
She rode her large *flyfitness* bicycle to work each day, dressed in her black and white Nun habit consisting of a tunic covered by a scapular ,a cowl and a veil,with her chaplet and a golden crucifix worn on her neck. Vicky was very pleased with herself.
" Henry,good morning sir" she would say with a *breath taking voice* to the security guard each day as she rode into the school.
"how's your wife?I got some beverages for her and the kids" *she gives him a polythene bag*
"haa!! Thank you sister "henry said while collecting the bag with both hands
"Thank God my brother"she said hurriedly while moving towards the school chapel to say a prayer. After prayers ,she walks to her office which is directly opposite the chapel. While in her office, someone knocks at the door
"Please,come in"*enters reverend father Nicolas *the chief administrator of the college*
"Good Morning father"Vicky said while *standing on her feet*
"Morning sister, I hope you slept well. I must say that I am satisfied with the way and manner you and the entire staff managed the college during the rain storm,I am impressed" he said while trying to pick something out of his eyes
"Thank you father "she said with a *smile*
He nods his head in approval and leaves the office . The office walls were covered with a cream coloured paint and furnished with newly purchased office equipment;a desk and several chairs.

Vicky Wake's up from a nap on her desk, she looks at the wall clock *in shock*
"10pm already! What kind of nap is this?
I must have lost track of time" she said while stretching her body. She opens the office door*noticing someone's shadow* around the chapel
"who is there? "she called out
"sister, its Helen from the final year class"she said while *moving into the light so she could be seen*

"Come here,what are you doing out by this ungodly hour? Shouldn't you be in bed by now? Can't you see your mates are already in bed!" Vicky said angrily
"sorry sister, I came down to pray with father Nicolas" *Helen pointing at the chapel*
"What?? By this time?" Vicky spots an oil stain on Helen's uniform * probably drop's of anointed oil*
"now! Run straight to your room. We will talk about this tomorrow morning" Vicky walk's to the chapel.

*Father Nicolas kneeling in front of the altar saying a prayer*. There is an unusual scent in the air. A scent that seemed familiar but she could not recognise it.
"Did the cleaner get a new air freshener?"she said to herself
Then suddenly *her eye brows raised together*
"The condom !"she said in a whisper* going back to the moment Kunle tore the rap of the latex condom*it had a distinct scent* orange flavoured* and the same manufacturing company *Fidex*was still in full operation. Some parts of the alter seems like they had been a struggle
Suddenly ,Father Nicolas call's out *with a loud commanding voice*from the altar
"blessed lord! Sister Vicky, what in Gods name are you still doing here?
"father"she said
"I slept off in my office, it seems I lost track of time and its too late for me to ride back to my quarters. "
"Very well then, join me in the altar" father Nicolas demanded,
"yes father"she walks down to the altar with her face downwards, looking at her feet as she took slow steps towards the altar. There is a sudden pause, she spots a trail of blood on the floor, she looks to the altar and walks up with a *defeated face*
They hold hands together kneeling in front of the alter. The orange scent now very strong, she examines father Nicolas; there are fresh scratch marks on his neck, his priestly robe is covered in sweat and there are numerous oil stains on his body. While praying Vicky observes that his hands are so dry
"so how did the oil get on his body?" Vicky asked within herself.
"If God be for us, who can be against us? "father Nicolas said with a pause, obviously expecting a reply
"no-no-nobody" said Vicky with a swift intake of air.