Abstract (H. C. EDEAGU)

... A short story; *Choices and Priorities*.

The light was set, the curtain was drawn, emerging on stage was Obi, an elegant looking school boy dressed in  white shirt tucked in his bogus  brown trouser which he wore high above his waist.
One could hear a high pitched melodious voice chorusing the famous *"Akwukwo n' ato uto"* nursery rhyme. Obi just passed his Junior WAEC and has been admitted into the Local Grammar school in his community.
Obi wasn't a victim of peer pressure, he was a prisoner of his thoughts and aspirations, he always wanted to do the extraordinary. He made friends with infamous students.
A term has passed, the image of Obi which appeared on stage was very different form his first appearance. This time he wore his shirt leaving the first four buttons open and bare chested, the shirt was flying above his new sagged pencil' trouser. Obi was beginning to live his dream, a life of freedom and youthful exuberance.
At this stage Obi has had his first kiss, got drunk, skipped classes, served all kinds of punishments including suspension, he also enjoyed watching *mojo* behind the classroom ( *mojo* a nickname given to porn to avert the minds of teachers and other unwilling students.) He became rebellious and made decisions for himself, he has no regrets or remorse, he is right on top of his world.
The light went dim, this time the lady behind the stage wasn't singing, she was echoing the sound *ewooh* a scream of pity or regret.
Obi is no longer a boy, he is now a man.