Chapter Five

Here's Chapter Five for ya! I almost forgot to update today. Ehe. ^^;

RECAP:

Kiriko seemed like she might've start crying when she saw Fuuto, but she bit it back. Fuuto had a headache when he saw Kiriko.

So Tsubaki offered to drive Kiriko home and she was forced to let him. When they arrived at her house, they find that it was in flames. It reminded Kiriko of the time 7 years ago. Which gave her a mental breakdown.

The RECAP was short but not much happened last chapter.

>~~~~~~<

Tsubaki's POV

I shouted after Kiriko-Chan as she jumped out of the car, but it seemed like she couldn't hear me.

I looked back at the burning house. The house that's supposed to have the same address as the one on the notepad. The house that Kiriko-Chan seems to not want to me to know. The house where Kiriko-Chan lives at.

A thud sounded behind me and I turned around. The sight I saw terrified me.

Kiriko-Chan had dropped her bag, letting it fall to the ground, its contents spread out on the ground. But that's not what terrified me. No, it was Kiriko-Chan.

She was slumped on the ground, her hands covering her ears as if to block out the sound of the roaring fire. Her mouth has opened as if a silent scream was piercing though the air. No, that's wrong. It was a scream she would only hear. One that would be silent and inaudible to anyone else but deafening and ear-splitting to her. The worst kind.

I jump out of the car and ran over to her side, crouching down beside her. But I froze as I saw her eyes. Her eyes.

Her violet eyes, I noticed when I first meet her in the complex that it were hinted with sadness. But now...

It was desperation.

Hopelessness.

Fear. Intense fear.

The fifth time I called out to her, she finally looked at me, tears were freely falling from her eyes.

"Take her away from here." A voice said behind me. I turned around and saw a guy about my age. He had dark blue, spiky hair, all sticking up in different directions, like he just got out of bed. But a single strip of hair was all white, like it was bleached but it never reached the rest of the hair. Even through it was night, the glow of the fire revealed that he had light gray eyes.

"I'm sorry?" I said back to him.

He indicated toward Kiriko-Chan, "Take her away from here. It reminds her of too many memories from her past," he said with straightforwardness. Enough to make me obey.

I carried the traumatized girl and laid her down in the backseat of my car. As I got into the driver's seat, I heard a car door slam by me and saw the guy from before buckling up in the seat beside me.

"What are you-"

"I know you have questions and I'm here to answer," he stated. I started to drive, a little bit nervously being that a stranger was in my car.

"Who are-"

"The name's Shuu. Kurusu Shuu. 19 years old and graduated. Not in college and don't have a job, yet." I sweatdropped at him, I didn't really ask for his age and occupation.

"So uh, do you know Kiriko-Chan?" I asked.

"It's kinda a long story..."

"I'll listen."

"I met Kiriko just about 7 years ago. I don't know if she told you, wait. Scratch that." He give a laugh, "Of course she didn't tell you."

Huh?

"Anyway, I met her while I was with my dad during work one night. He was a firefighter. She and her family were in a house fire. Reasons are still unknown. But both her parents died, while she survived. Though, it's sad that she thought that only her dad was still alive..." His eyes was filmed over with sadness, "But whatever happen, she...never spoke a word ever again." He trailed off and I didn't press it.

I looked back toward the pale girl asleep in the backseat of my car, her face streaked with tears.

"I met her because my dad thought that she would've been comforted if someone around her age stayed with her. We didn't really talked, all I did was sit next to her. I was uh, pretty useless then." Shuu gave a laugh.

"And now..."

"Her house burned down again. So she doesn't a place to stay."

"Then! I'll let her stay with me and my family! We're worry because she had a small fever before we drove here."

"Really? That's great. After what happened that day, I don't think she'd want to stay with me anymore." My eyes widened. Images went through my head,

"Oh uh..."

"It's not what you think! Really!" He said quickly.

I gave a small smile, "It's okay. It's not my business."

>~~~~~~<

That's all! That's chapter five! So that idea I've been dying to try will have to wait for Chapter six. But the appearance of Shuu was surprising wasn't it?

Could it be? A Rival to the Asahina Brothers~?!

Who knows? Oh wait, I do! ^^

I'm going to try to make to that I update chapters every other Saturday. I'm not sure if I'll keep up with it but I'll try!

GeminiDragon888 Out!