Chapter One

It's up! After a few conversations, I decided that a sequel was necessary. TurquoiseDaisy helped me with plot, and so here I am with a brand new Solby book!

Enjoy my frans!

*

Colby was sick.

He didn't know where it came from but he'd woken up with 'man flu' and had to text Sam for some medicine and a bottle of water. Sam had wanted to stay with Colby but Elton had split them, ordering Colby to rest.

Of course, that didn't stop Sam from sneaking back in.

"Elton's gonna be pissed," Colby said.

Sam just shrugged and pulled out his laptop and a bag of chips. "Oh well." Colby reached for a chip but Sam smacked his hand away and ate some himself.

Colby pouted. "Come on, dude," he whined. "I want some chips."

"I don't want you getting your germs all over the food," Sam teased. "Keep your disease ridden hands away from my snacks."

"Does that mean I can't kiss you?" Colby asked playfully, wiggling his eyebrows.

Sam snorted. "You literally have the plague, Colby."

"And?"

"I'm not up for dying yet."

Laughing, Colby snuggled deeper into his bed and closed his eyes. He blinked them open a few moments later, fighting to keep his breathing even and not alert Sam. The blond gave him a strange look but turned back to the movie playing on the laptop and Colby thanked any god that was listening.

He still couldn't forget.

There were times when he closed his eyes and he saw Sam in the bathtub. Red was always waiting in the darkness and Colby couldn't look in the mirror without seeing Sam's empty eyes looking back at him. He couldn't escape the nightmares. He woke up alone and crying.

He didn't tell the others. How could he drag them down like this? Sam was getting better and Colby wanted to keep him blissfully unaware of the scars Sam had given his boyfriend. If Sam ever found out, Colby knew it would destroy the both of them. They were both going okay in their new relationship, Colby didn't want to, he couldn't, ruin that for them.

"You okay?" Sam sounded worried.

Colby blinked. "Yeah. Sorry, just thinking."

Sam gave him a doubtful look. "You've been weird lately. What's up?"

"Nothing."

"I know you better than that Colby."

"Dude, I'm fine. Just leave it."

Sam rolled his eyes and closed his laptop, standing. "Fine. I understand you're sick but that doesn't give you the right to lie to me."

"What?" Colby frowned. "Sam, honestly. I'm okay."

"Tell me that when you actually get a good nights sleep."

Colby let out a sharp breath as Sam left the room. He didn't want to make Sam angry or upset, the blond boy was still struggling with the overwhelming events that had taken place only a few months ago. They were still only in the early stages of their relationship.

It was Valentine's Day next month, Colby realized. He had no idea what to get Sam. He couldn't just offer his boyfriend tears and nightmares. They were his problems, not Sam's.

He sniffed, cursing the sickness again as he reached for his second box of tissues. His nose was raw and red and his lips were chapped. He hated being sick.

***

Sam flopped on his bed and groaned. He loved Colby but he knew how much the brunette was still hurting. Their walls were thinner than people thought.

Sam could hear Colby crying at night.

The guilt ate him alive but he said nothing because Colby always held himself together. He never gave a single clue that anything was wrong in their videos. He was stronger than Sam. The other housemates had noticed to and Sam had pleaded with them. Reluctantly, they'd agreed never to mention it to Colby.

Brennen didn't come around anymore. Although he understood, Sam was still angry. Brennen had torn Sam and Colby apart, stolen half of the duo. If they needed someone to blame, Sam knew Brennen was there.

Against Sam's wishes, Colby still visited Brennen. They were friends, Sam knew that, but that didn't stop him from being possessive. Hell, Colby was his boyfriend, he had a right to be jealous and possessive.

His mind wandered back towards Valentine's Day. He had a gift in mind for Colby yet somehow he knew Colby had nothing. Sam tried to ignore the pang of hurt. Colby was his own person, as was Sam.

Sam swallowed. He didn't like that. He wanted them to go back a few years, go back to the the time they were one person. It was Sam and Colby, never anything else.

When had things changed?

It pained him to know that this relationship wouldn't be easy. Solby always seemed so natural before now, yet now, when it was real, they were struggling to stay afloat in the river of emotions.

It would be an uphill battle and Sam didn't know if he would be strong enough to survive.