Chapter Eleven

Alrighty! In light of Colby's birthday, TurquoiseDaisy has asked for a double update and I am able to comply! Happy birthday to Colby. Here's the next chapter!

***

12:01 AM

It was officially Valentine's Day and as soon as Colby registered that, he was up and moving around. His present to Sam was only half finished and he'd been meaning to wrap it anyway.

7:39 AM

Colby hopped in the shower, letting out a sigh of relief as the hot water hit his muscles. He was tired, exhausted, but it was worth it. Now that he thought about it, he was probably still sick too, but he wouldn't let that stop him. He had a few last minute things to do and he needed Brennen for that.

8:00 AM

Colby opened Sam's door loudly, banging the pots together obnoxiously.

"Up!" He shouted, laughing at the dazed look on Sam's face as the blond shot up. Colby placed a kiss on his boyfriend's lips. He pulled away and grinned cheekily, making sure Sam was getting out of bed before he departed. "Be ready in ten!"

8:13 AM

Sam stumbled down the stairs, still groggy but Colby offered him no pity as he dragged the blond out to his little Toyota. He'd wanted to take Sam's car but he'd never been allowed the keys so he'd just decided to take his own red car. Besides, his name was sprawled across the back window, that was freaking cool.

8:42 AM

Brennen had done well with the preparation and Colby thanked the stars when he pulled up on the hill in front of the beach. The table and chairs were only metal but were decorated with fairy lights. Despite it being morning, the sun wasn't overly bright and the lights twinkled merrily.

"Wow," Sam breathed, fully awake now. "Colby this is amazing."

Above their seats was a white arch, courtesy of Brennen's shopping skills. Wrapped around the wood was little green willow branches. It was festive and romantic and Colby smiled as he saw their breakfast.

"Really?" Sam was laughing and Colby laughed with him because it was nice to hear Sam laugh. "Freaking IHOP?"

Colby set out the pancakes. "Dude, while Tender Greens is my fav, IHOP has a special place in my heart. Besides, Kat was a great help."

"You used my girlfriend to get us breakfast?"

"Yup."

"Dude."

"I know."

They sat opposite each other and ate, talking to each other and laughing with each other and just living. Colby lost track of time, lost in giggles and stories and knowing that he loved the boy in front of him.

"This was great," Sam said as they stood up. "Thank you Colby."

The brunette kissed him softly. "You're welcome," he whispered. "Now, lets go!"

"But the rubbish-" Sam protested. Colby cut him off.

"Is taken care of. C'mon, lets go!"

9:58 AM

They were back in the car and driving, Colby playing a specially made playlist.

"Dude," Sam said after the first song played. "Are these the songs we used in our vines?" Colby grinned broadly and nodded. "Sick."

10:15 AM

"The Cinema?" Sam said, confused.

Colby tugged on his hand. "I know you've had your eye on the new Thor movie, don't even lie, so here we are. I've already booked us so you can't pull out now." Colby stuck out his tongue at his boyfriend as Sam shot him a playful glare.

"Thanks Colby."

11:47 AM

"That was so cool," Sam breathed as they filed out of the cinema. "Thor was all 'not the hair' and Loki was all 'surprise' and then Asgard was, like, whoosh and then-"

Colby chuckled and pressed his lips to Sam's. "I love you," he said as they pulled away. "But I was there. I saw the movie. Shush."

"Sorry." Sam flushed. "But then 'get help' was so funny and the kiwi guy-"

"Sam," Colby huffed. "Shut up and get in the car."

Sam laughed and got in the car.

12:00 PM

Sam glanced out the window and frowned. "Dude, are we heading back to where we had breakfast?"

"Maybe."

"Are we having IHOP again?"

"Maybe."

"Are you actually going to tell me what's going on?"

"Maybe."

"Colby!" Sam swatted the brunette, then smirked. "Are we gonna have sex today?"

Colby choked on air and his face went red. Sam exploded into laughter, falling dramatically back into the seat as Colby struggled to breathe properly. He hadn't expected an answer but Colby said, "Maybe."

Sam shrugged. "It's not a no."

Colby nearly crashed the car.

12:35 PM

Sam wasn't sure what he was expecting to see but what was in front of him was not it. Gone were the chairs and fairy lights. The table and the arch were gone too. A typical red and white checkered blanket was sprawled on the grass, weighed down by a big bottle of coke and two baskets. A tree provided shade and the hill dropped down into a beach, granting them a magnificent view.

"This is incredible," he said, awed. Colby smiled and led him down to the blanket, pulling him down.

"Not IHOP this time," the brunette said. "This time it's Tender Greens."

Sam scoffed. "Cheapskate."

"This wasn't cheap!" Colby protested with a dramatic gasp. "I'm offended you think so."

"What's in the second basket?" Sam asked.

"Dessert."

1:12 PM

After a delicious dessert of ice cream and chocolate, Colby knew there was one last thing for him to do. He toyed with the gift in his pocket, biting his lip nervously.

"This morning has been one of the best mornings of my life," he begins and Sam's attention is instantly focused on him. "It's just been us, no YouTube, no housemates, no Brennen, no Kat. It's been us. We've...we knew each other. We were working."

"This sounds like a break up." Sam sounded close to tears.

"No," Colby said hurriedly. "No, there's no breakup. In fact, this is just a reminder that Solby will always be superior. This is a promise," he pushed the gift into Sam's hand. "That I'll try."

Sam unwrapped it slowly, not quite sure what to expect. A small, wooden cat sat in his palm, roughly cut and unevenly polished. It was obviously not a store bought thing and Sam glanced quizzically at Colby.

The brunette shrugged, "One of Dad's old mates lives around here. Offered to help me. Turn it over."

Sam flipped the small figurine and instantly found the word carved into its side. Changed. It made him smile, made him tear up. He wrapped his arms around Colby and buried his face in Colby's shoulder.

"I love you," Sam said thickly. "I love you so fucking much."

Colby hugged him back tightly, and they sat there, locked in each other's arms until Sam wiped his eyes and pulled away, hastily kissing his boyfriend before standing up.

"Now it's my turn."