1

[Joshua's POV]

It had been over a week since our break up, yet my world hadn't regained it's colours. I felt lost, completely lost without her. I knew it was no use to get her back though. It was a bad relationship, Joshua... she cheated on you after all. I really need to forget about her, but she's constantly in my mind.

My shoulders drop as I stare back at the coffee in front of me. I sigh, feeling sad once again. I take a sip of coffee, as if thinking it will take my thoughts away with it, when in fact I know it won't. The coffee wasn't warm anymore, not exactly cold yet, but not hot either. How much time have I been here? I lost track of time again...

I finish up my coffee in one go, decided to leave the café. I fix my brown hair a little before standing up, walking towards the door and exiting the small building. It is a café I had been wanting to go to, but I never had the opportunity to actually come before today. I would have come with her, but I guess I have to do this alone. The café is a nice place though. I think I'll come back tomorrow, I like it's atmosphere. I pass next to the café's terrace onto the sidewalk, and head back to my apartment.

[The Next Day]

It is 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and I am yet again back to the café. Like yesterday, I choose to sit inside rather than outside, after buying my coffee. I sit at a table of two, though I'm alone. I'm not with her after all... My table is next to the window, so I look outside to distract myself from the missing presence.

She probably moved on so easily, while I am still here thinking about her. Why am I torturing myself so much with it? Forget her, you have to, Joshua. I'll get over it eventually...

I drink a bit of my coffee before looking around the café. How is everyone being happy? Maybe I'll find the key to happiness if I look around and notice it.

I first look at the people on the terrace, but a couple holding hands at the middle of their table makes me turn away. It hurts.

I look around inside instead. A man is paying for a coffee, and there is one girl waiting in line. The man takes his coffee and starts to walk away. I watch the scene from afar. The girl taps the man's shoulder and gives him his wallet, which he had forgotten while paying. The man thanks the girl with long brown hair down to the middle of her back. She smiles in return and say that it's nothing. The man then head out and the girl goes back to ordering. How kind of her. Some people might have simply kept the wallet and the money inside. She's a very honest person... unlike her.