3

[Joshua's POV, a few days later]

The brown-haired girl had gotten me very intrigued. Was everyone as nice, or was it just her? Her actions seemed to stand out so much to me, but maybe it was because I had just gotten out of a relationship with a girl who wasn't exactly kind.

In addition to making me wonder about others, the girl also made me wonder about myself. Was I a kind person? Was I a good person? I might not be any better than my ex-girlfriend, in a way. It's not like I've done anything at all to keep her from cheating on me. If I had decided to leave later, maybe she would still be by my side to this day... Maybe, just maybe, she wouldn't have cheated on me at all.

I had taken notice of her presence in the last few days every time she came to café. Each day, I could see her helping others. It was subtle, yet she seemed to make everyone she met happy. She was like a happy virus.

The brown haired girl walks in again. This time, I take a good look at her. Her brown hair is straight but get wavy towards the end. She has beautiful dark eyes, which are at the same time bright and gentle. Her face is pale, and she has a fair complexion, yet there is a hint of pink at her cheeks. What I notice next is the gray long-sleeve shirt and the plaid gray, beige and black skirt she's wearing. Her style is simple, but she pulls it off very well.

Why is she so perfect, when I'm such a mess?

Later, when the girl has left the café, I pay attention to the other people inside the building. She mustn't be the only one that is so kind, right?

A good hour was, like this, spent watching other's actions. Despite the many possibilities of good actions I had noticed, no one had taken the chance. Maybe she was unique of her kind, in the end. Maybe it was only today, that no one was fully awake.

Seriously, though, that girl looks so happy. She smiles so much. How does she go on like this? Doesn't she ever get sad? I wish I could be like her...