9

[Joshua's POV, the next day]

As if matching the theme of her recent drawings, Jieun is wearing a coffee coloured skirt and a white shirt under a brown cardigan. After noticing my presence, she takes a seat in front of me. She greets me and gently replaces a strand of hair behind her ear. She places on the table a book I had seen her carrying before. Now I know she uses it as a sketchbook.

"Hey, Joshua. I brought the drawings today. They are not all from the café, but you can still check them out," she informs me before handing me her artwork.

I take it and turn the pages with care, since it is no doubt something she values. The first drawing represents a garden. I'm not familiar with it, but the drawing looks very realistic. The first few drawings were all very beautiful, maybe because they include a lot of details. Most of the drawings are of scenery, as it seems to be her specialty, though there are a few of fictional characters that are anime-looking. It makes me even more happy and impressed, since I like anime myself.

I turn to the next page and look at an extremely familiar scene. It's the café from the point of view from the hotel across the street. I look at it longer than the previous ones, as I look at all the details she included.

"What do you think?" she asks me

"It's amazing, really. You have so much talent," I tell her. She seems very glad I think so, maybe a bit proud, too, and with reason.

"There's more after," she tells me while pointing to the drawing.

I turn the page; another drawing of the café. The point of view of this one is still from outside, but this time it is from the terrace on the right side, and it includes a view of the street. In contrast, the following drawing has a point of view from inside. I look up to the door to compare the drawing with the real deal.

 I look up to the door to compare the drawing with the real deal

"The style might look different in one drawing than another. That's because I'm learning different techniques at the university, and I like to try them. Also, though scenery is what I draw the most, I draw other things, as you already know with the characters," she explains. I nod my head and turn to the next page.

"Ah this, umm..." Slightly embarrassed, she doesn't finish her sentence.

I'm very surprised to see a drawing of myself. I seem depressed on it, which makes me realize how glad I am to finally be happier than I was. She must have drawn it a few weeks ago...

 She must have drawn it a few weeks ago

I look back up at Jieun. A light shade of pink has appeared on her cheeks, which makes her look very cute even though she is embarrassed.

"Wow, I didn't know you drew me," I say, more amazed than anything.

"Well, umm, you're a good model...? Please don't think I'm creepy," she replies with a laugh, which I return.

"Don't worry, I was just surprised." I smile to reassure her.

"I'm glad. That one was a few weeks ago," she comments. That one?

I turn the page to see another drawing of myself. This one looks a bit more character-like. I can tell it's more recent because of my smile, and because of the way my hair is styled, since I wore my hair this way a lot during the previous week.

"The next one is my latest drawing

"The next one is my latest drawing. I think it's the most realistic-looking art I've done of a person so far," she tells me. I look at the last drawing, which only adds up to my amazement. How is it possible to have so much talent?

"I'm touched, wow..." I hand her back the sketchbook. "When did you find the time to draw all this?" I ask, being curious.

"Why do you think I'm so late in my studies?" She laughs, and I join her.

——————————

A/N : All the drawings aren't mine!! Credits to all owners :)

Happy birthday to Joshua!! 🎉