2

[Joshua's POV, a few days later]

My schedule is finally back to normal. I had to work overtime during the last few days. At least it was distracting me from my thoughts. I think maybe... I'll go back to the café before going home. I haven't been there in 3 days.

I reach the usual café, which is located only two streets away from my apartment. I pull the door open and a little ring is heard to signal my presence. There's no one in line, so the cashier greets me as I come in. I don't even look at the menu and simply order my usual coffee.

My coffee is ready in only a few minutes. I take it and head to the same table as a few days ago. I like routines... I think I'll sit here often from now on.

I look outside. Today is a sunny day. I have no one to pass it with, though. I sigh. I want to hate you for everything you did, but I can't even hate you as much as I'd like to. There is no going back, though. No matter how much it hurts, at this point I'd rather be hurt than go back with you.

From across the street, I notice the same girl with brown hair who gave back the man his wallet the other day. The street being pretty small, I can see her quite clearly, which assures me that it is indeed her. She's heading to the café, it seems. Maybe she's a daily client?

At the same time, two people walk out of the hotel just in front of the café. They have quite a few luggage and seem to be carrying them to a car parked on the street. The pretty girl notices them, too, and goes to help them carry their luggage to their car. The couple thank the girl by bowing. She then heads to the café. I watch as she crosses the street, enters the café, and orders some beverage.

She looks very kind.