4

[Joshua's POV, a week later]

It is yet another sunny day, which doesn't represent at all my feelings. It is 4 o'clock pm, so, like usual, I'm sitting inside the café, drinking my coffee. The weather isn't so cold, so I had decided to wear a striped shirt with black pants. Even if my ex-girlfriend is still occupying my mind, the café girl is now a source of distraction.

Despite that, I'm not really feeling any happier. I cry less than I used to, but my hours of sleep are still reduced, and I'm just so tired.

The café girl walks in, pulling me away from my thoughts at the same time. She's wearing black jeans with an oversized gray sweater today. Her hair is also tied up in a ponytail. For the first time, I notice that she is carrying a book.

I turn my attention back to my coffee, so I don't look creepy staring at her.

I'm so dumb. I'm supposed to be moving on from my ex-girlfriend, but I keep coming here as if I want to think about this whole problem. What a way to get over it...

Frustrated with myself, I decide to leave the café. I stand up and walk over to the door, still in my thoughts. I'm about to leave when I realize it's raining very hard outside, despite the sun still shining. I hadn't even noticed... I forgot to bring an umbrella.

What to do? Maybe I'll wait a bit more inside the café until it stops. I sigh. Looks like I'm trapped here, in the end.

I feel a tap on my shoulder, so I turn around. The brown-haired girl is standing in front of me, her beautiful smile on her face.

"Hey, did you forget your umbrella?" she asks me.

"Ah, yes," I answer while nodding.

"We can share umbrella if you want," she says as she lifts up the transparent umbrella in her hand. I smile at her, feeling thankful.

"If you don't mind, then yes, please."