Chapter 9: Alone With You

"You're so beautiful. I can't believe you're all mine." He pushed the hair out of my face. "No one has ever said that to before." "Why'd you not date me sooner?" "Because, I'm a stubborn psycho bitch. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else. You're the only guy that I've ever loved this much. I want to be with you forever." "Baby, there is no one else for me, but you. Without you, I'd die alone. I want to hold you forever, and when I say I love you, I mean it. Thank God for Miss B." (Our Lit teacher) "Wait, what do you mean by thank God for Miss B?" I asked. "She told me that we'd be cute together when I liked you at first. She told me to go for it." "Oh, well I'm, glad she thought that."

Thursday, JJ dragged me and Jay to the "Take Back the Night." Event. It's an organization to end Sexual and domestic violence. And to support the victims. JJ had to go for his major. Jay ditched during the march, but I stayed to be a good and supportive girlfriend. When we got back to the park, everyone started going up and telling their stories. I was getting teary eyed, and JJ was crying a little bit. "You should go up and tell your story." "They've all been sexually abused, I wasn't." I whispered to him after he suggested it. "It doesn't matter. You never talk about it. Maybe you should." "If I do, will you just drop it?" I asked. "Yeah, and I won't talk about it again, unless you do." "Okay." I sighed and went up to the microphone. "Hi. My name is Sadie. I was assaulted by my boyfriend when I was 16. I was then on out afraid to seriously date anyone that I didn't "grow up with". Sometimes, I still have nightmares about it. I never told anyone outside of my family until JJ came along. We never pressed charges and we should've. But, my dad, sorry my step-dad and my older brother protected me. It's now 3 years later, I'm in a serious relationship, and I'm not scared anymore." I had nothing else to say. I cried and JJ hugged me.

We were in his car on the way home. "Are you okay?" he broke the silence. I was still crying. "Yeah, it just hit me again. I tried to repress the memory and never think about it again. But, I always have had nightmares about it, and couldn't ever talk about it. Until, you." "Really?" he couldn't believe it. We pulled onto my drive way. 'Yeah, because I love you and you mean everything to me. I trust you." "You are my everything and I love you too." He kissed me.

I never talked about it, not really. Trey never really knew what actually happened (until our argument a few weeks ago). My family only knew because, I came home with bruises and a black eye. We couldn't call the cops, because Ian was going to be deployed any day, and I didn't want him to get in trouble, because he helped Jake beat up the guy. But tonight, those people didn't look at me like I was strange, they didn't judge me. That's another thing that I was always afraid of, getting judged as weak and unable to defend myself. JJ is an amazing guy and I'm glad that he's mine. I'm glad that he's going for human services too. He'll be great at it. I know, because I know him.

"You okay? You got quiet all of a sudden." He asked. He was getting worried. "I'm fine. I was thinking that you'll be great in the human resources kind of work. You connected so well with everyone. You even got involved trying to get me to acknowledge what happened, because I never really have. So, thanks." "You think that I'm good at this? Wow, baby." He smiled "I think that you're great at this, you're meant to do this." "Why hadn't I met you sooner?" "I was thinking the same thing. You could've saved me a lot of heartache. I'm sorry that I used to be such a bitch to you." "It's okay, I liked it. Independence is hott." "Sure, because that's what I was going for." I laughed. "You know what is hott?" "Oh, God. What?" "A unibrow. You should grow one just like Frida." "Ewe! She was a pretty woman, but that eyebrow I could not get over." "Yeah, I'm still not sure how I felt about that." "You still don't know how you feel about it! Who are you kidding?" I laughed. "No, you're right, I still don't." he laughed too. "So, you have practice in the morning and I'm guessing that you want to go back to the dorms." I sighed. "Yeah, I don't want to, but I kind of have to. I'll be back over after practice." He smiled. "Okay, have fun. I'll see you soon, John." I joked. "You think that you're so funny, but you're not. I love you, I'll see you tomorrow, and I'll call you when I get home." "Okay, I love you too. I'll see you tomorrow."