Chapter 18: Home Sweet Home

Kassie, Hunter, and I went shopping for the house. JJ, Ian, Jake, and Paul were moving out stuff into our new house. JJ and I bought a new bed set, dining room set, and living room set. Hunter would have a new bedroom set, but his dresser and crib are beautiful(and only a year old). He will be getting a new bed when he turns two, which he is not allowed to do yet, because he just turned one. He's not allowed to grow up.
We went to the mall. I was pushing Hunter I'm his stroller as Kass walked next to me. "So, we never found out where Batman's ears go with his mask on." Kass brought up. " Well, that nerdy fella tried to tell us, but LT was more interested in telling him what a vagina was like. " I shook my head remembering that crazy drunk night. "Oh, yeah. I miss LT." " Yeah, me too. Even though he always asked me to make him a sandwich, when he untied/took my bathing suit top in Miami, and had sex with me. " I listed off some of my least favorite LT moments. "He just loved you!" "Yeah, don't remind me. " I laughed too.
"Where do you want to go first? They just opened that new store, Boscovs. I heard they have everything." Kass looked at the map in the food court. "Yeah, let's go there. Isn't that where mom and Jake got their new recliners?" "Yeah, mom said they literally have everything. And, they're reasonably priced." "Good thing. I think JJ would kill me if I go over budget. Grown up probs." I sighed. "I know, Paul and I are going to look at houses soon." " So, when are you going to give me a niece or nephew? " "When I'm done with college, and married. Unlike someone." " I don't regret Hunter! He and his father are the best things that have ever happened to me. " "I've never heard you say that before! So, you're meaning to tell me that you're happily engaged, and have a son with the guy that I told you to give a chance to? So, after all this time, are you saying that I was right?" She grinned. She's been waiting for this moment for two years. "You know I hate this, but yes, you were right." I sighed. "Louder for the ones in the back!" "Don't push it!"
"But, in all seriousness, are you going to go back to college?" Kass asked. " I've been thinking about it. Maybe doing online for a bit. I don't know I'm not ready to leave Hunter... " I admitted. "You have to at some point. It'll be okay, he won't be mad." " I know, but he's my baby. For once, I can say that you'll understand when it happens to you. " I stuck my tongue out at her. "You're right aren't you?" "Yes, I am!" "Touche bitch."
" Bitch, bitch. " Hunter repeated. "Little ears, Kass!" I scolded her. "Wow! For once it was me teaching a child bad words." "Yeah, I know! I can't wait until you have kids. I hope you get twins." I smirked. "You shut your cake-hole! I hope you have twins next! Mom and Dad didn't have twins until the second time!" " And, the third. " I added. "I hope you get them your second pregnancy, and your third." " I hope you get them every time! I already had a single! " I smiled at Hunter. "Maybe we'll get lucky and have all single babies. Why are we wishing this on each other, our own twin? We have two little sisters who are also twins." Kass bright up. "Yeah, we do have little twin sisters! No wonder you're the smart one!" "Does that make you the dumb one?" " No! I'm the cute one, duh! " I laughed.

JJ called me as we were walking through the parking lot to my car. "Hey! What's up?" I answered. "Hey! Where are you?" He asked right away. "Well, we just got to my car. We're about the leave the mall. Are you at the house?" I asked carrying the baby. "Yeah, we're just about done. A friend of mine from work is here, and I want you to meet him. I think you'll like him." " Okay, we'll be there soon. " I put Hunter in his carseat "Okay,see you soon. I love you." " I love you too. " I hung up and buckled Hunter in. "What's up with soon-to-be hubby?" Kass asked. "He said they are just about done, and one of his work friends is there. He really wants me to meet him. He thinks I'll like him. " "Doesn't he know that you don't like anyone?" Kass asked as we got in my car. " your think he would! Look how long it took me to like him. " I laughed. "Exactly!"
Hunter fell asleep on the way home. Kassie had the bags, and I carried in my sleeping baby. "We're home!" I called walking in. "We're in the living room!" JJ answered me. Kass dropped the bags in the hallway and we walked into the living room. "There you are! Finally." JJ came over and kissed me. "Sadie meet Trey. Trey, this is my fiancee, Sadie." JJ introduced. I heard the name and looked up at him. I felt the color leave my face. Kass saw him and one as her smiled turn into a grin, and then she started laughing. "Kassie, shut your face!" I mumbled. " I'll be right back. I'm going to put the baby down for his nap. Come on Kass. " I pulled her with me.
"What the actual fuck?!" I freaked after I put Hunter in his crib and shut the door. Kass out her pointed finger up, giving me the one second sign. She checked and made sure the baby monitor was off , and then started laughing her was off again. "Go ahead, let it out." I sighed. " Your soon-to-be husband 's new friend is your ex-boyfriend AND your ex-fuck buddy! " she continued laughing. "Yeah, I saw that! Are you done?" "Not even close! If I remember correctly, you broke things off with Trey for JJ! Now he's in your living room! Two years later! That's would happen to you! " she kept going. "Stay with Hunter. I'll be back." I left the room.
The boys were talking when I came back out to the living room. "Okay, JJ. I know Trey. He was my FWB when I met you. I broke things off with him to be with you. But, we are all adults, and that was a long time ago. So, if you two want to be friends, then have at it." I told him. " Babe, it's okay. It's a small world. " JJ smiled after a second. "Okay, good." I was a little relieved. " So, that's why Kassie looked like she was about to burst. Because she couldn't wait to laugh at you about this. " JJ laughed. "Yeah, that's exactly why I just shut her in the baby's room." "She's not in the baby's anymore. She's been around the corner since you came out here. She listened the whole time." JJ pointed behind me. I turned and saw her. She saved and laughed. "What the...God damn it Kassie!" I groaned. "We're twins! Your life is my business!" She tried defending herself. "No! You're just nosey!" I argued. "You would've done the exact same thing if this was me! But, it's not because I know how to keep my legs closed, and have only slept with one person." She really thought this was funny.
Kassie went to meet Paul for lunch, and it was just me, JJ, Trey, and the baby hanging out. Hunter woke up and I brought him out with us. I sat on the floor with him. JJ's phone rang. "It's my Dad. I'll be right back." He got up and went into the other room to answer it. T came and say on the floor with us. "You're a mom now. I actually never thought I'd see the day." He smiled. "That makes two of us. For a long time, I never even thought that I wanted kids. But, then JJ and I found out I was pregnant. And the next thing we knew, Hunter was here. Now, I love being a mom." I looked at my baby. "JJ is a good guy. I like him. His world revolves around you and the baby. He talks about you like you put the stars in the sky. You always deserved better than me and you've got it." He sighed. "Do you know what he went through just to be with me? I rejected him, I was mean to him, and he never gave up until I gave him a chance. I love him a lot and he's an amazing dad." "Any man that can put up with your crap is great. " he teased.
"Well, she is full of it sometimes." JJ laughed coming back in. "Wow! I've got you two ganging up on me now." I rolled my eyes . "And your backup left." JJ stuck his tongue out at me. "She was not helping me in the slightest. At least I have my baby." I hugged Hunter. " Bitch, bitch, bitch. " Hunter smiled. "Kassie taught him that! Not me!" I sighed .