Chapter 19: Boys Will Be Boys

2 weeks later....
LT and Jay came down so they, along with Trey and Paul, could take JJ out for his bachelor party. And, since Kassie and I aren't 21 for another three days, we decided to stay back at my house, watch movies, and eat a ton of pizza with Hunter.
We were sitting on the floor eating. Hunter was in between us. "So, how weird is it that your soon-to-be husband and your ex-boyfriend/former fuck buddy are hanging out?" She asked. "It's kind of strange to say the least. They're like besties." I rolled my eyes. "I can tell. Do they talk about having sex with you? Do you think that they compare?" She asked and laughed. "I don't know! I hope not! I could only imagine what they'd say." "Who were you more freaky with?" "Kass! Shut up!" "I'm just asking! Like who did you do more stuff with?" She kept asking. "If I answer your questions, will you stop?" "Yes, because now I'm curious!" She laughed. "JJ." I sighed. "Seriously?" She couldn't believe it. "Yeah! Why do you find that so hard to believe?" "Because you and T used to screw like rabbits. He used to be your booty call." "Yeah, but he wasn't good for me. JJ makes me comfortable in my own skin, even now after having a baby. I'm more myself with him. I've never been 100% me around a guy, not until JJ. I think that's one of the main reasons why I love him so much. We don't have to force anything. We're just us." I shrugged. "And, you weren't going to give him a chance. I can't wait until my maid of honor speech." "I can only imagine what you've got up your sleeve." "It won't be that bad! Our mother with be there!" "That doesn't mean anything!" I laughed. "I'm not you! I'm a little more censored around our mother." "True. You're the good twin."
   Hunter went to bed at 8:30, and the guys ended up coming back at 12:45. Kassie took LT, and Jay home with her and Pete. T was staying at my house.
"Here, I brought you pillows and plenty of blankets." I put them on the chair next to the couch JJ and T were sitting on. "Thank you." Trey smiled. "You're welcome. Are you guys staying up for a while?" I asked. "Yeah probably for a little while." JJ smiled. "We'll be quiet so we don't wake the baby." Trey added. "Oh, he's fine. He sleeps like his father. He'll be out all night." I laughed. "Are you going to bed?" JJ asked. "Yeah probably. You guys have fun." "I love you." JJ got up and kissed me. "I love you too. I'll see you when you come to bed, because you always wake me up." I turned and went up to my bedroom.
I was on my way back to my room after checking on Hunter when I heard JJ and Trey talking.
"I don't think I've ever asked you how you and Sadie met." Trey opened a beer. "Well, we met when we took the same Lit class in college. I walked in and I heard her before I saw her. She was being sassy with Kass. Then, she turned around and I saw her. She blew me away. A couple weeks went by and I tried so hard to get her attention and she kept blowing me off. Then, Kass and Paul started dating and I was with her everyday. She started to warm up to me, but she wouldn't date me. Then, the shooting happened and it freaked her out. She realized things, and she finally agreed to date me." JJ explained. "She's stubborn as hell, but she always deserved better than what she got. Especially in high school. And, that includes me. You're good for her. I used to be one of her best friends, and somewhere along the way we ruined that. It's nice to see her happy for once." T sighed. "I know she hasn't always had things so easy. I just want to make sure that the rest of her life is better than the first part."
"One thing I never thought I'd see was Sadie with a child. But, being a mom suits her." "I wasn't even thinking about kids in my future yet, and then, she was pregnant. After that, it was all I could think about. Seeing her carrying my child was incredible. She was even more beautiful than before, if that's even possible. Before we knew it, he was here and our lives changed. She's an amazing mom, and I try everyday to be a better man for both of them." JJ sighed. "Leaving me behind was the best thing Sadie ever did. I couldn't have given her everything that you have. I was so jealous when I heard she was hanging around with you. I think because, I knew that It was time for me to let her go. I'm not jealous anymore though." Trey laughed. "I don't get jealous, I promise. Sadie does! I saw that when we were out visiting my parents and my high school ex saw us in the store. She went out of her mind, and I knew why. She was being self conscious about her body, because it's not the same as it was before Hunter. I honestly think it's better." JJ laughed. "She doesn't look like she's changed much though!" "I know! She doesn't believe me!"
They hung out for another two hours, but I couldn't ease drop forever, even if I wanted to. So, I went to bed and JJ came in a little after 3. He got into bed and put his arms around me. I turned around and kissed him. "You're awake?" He asked. "Yeah, kind of." I yawned. "What's the matter? You okay?" "Yeah, I'm good. I heard some of what you guys talked about when I was on my way back from checking on Hunter." "You did?" "Yeah, I did. And, the way you talk about me is amazing. It's different hearing you talking to your friend, than when you say these things to me. It makes me realize how much you really mean it." I sighed. "I mean it all. I just have to ask you something." "Oh yeah? What's that?" I honestly had no idea what he was going to ask me. "After hearing everything, could you ever forgive Trey? I know that the past weighs heavy on you, and I know that you don't forgive him for a lot of things. But you heard everything that I did." JJ asked and it left me stunned. "He used to be one of my best friends, and it'll never be like it was before we dated or became friends with benefits, but maybe I can start to forgive him." I took a deep breath and told him. "It'll take time, I know. You have a lot of wounds from the past." He kissed me. "I do have a question for you now." "What's that?" He was afraid of my question now. "Do you guys talk about sex with me? Like, do you compare? Kassie put this in my head." I asked with a laugh. "No, we don't." He laughed too.