Chapter 11: See You Again

I don't even remember the weekend it was filled with party after party. Tuesday I had my last final, then I hung out in JJ's dorm. It was being packed up and it was very empty looking. That made me sad. He jumped in the shower and I text Kassie:

"His dorm is so empty. It's sad."

"Aww. He's all packed?"

"Almost. I seriously can't be here right now."

"I'll have Paul text him and tell him to come over here."

"Please and thank you!"

He got out of the shower and his phone buzzed. "Hey, Paul text me. He and Kass want to know if we want to rent a couple movies and order a pizza." "We should do it. You two don't have much longer to hangout. So, why not hang out with Kassie and I at the same time!" I laughed. "Are you okay? You look down." He knew that something was up. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just tired. I was up all night studying." I lied, but he knew me better than that. "No. Tell me what's going on. You don't study for anything." "Your dorm is so, empty, and everything is packed up. It makes me sad. I don't want to think about you leaving." "I know, but its coming. I'm leaving Saturday morning. My parents are coming in Friday morning for graduation. It's happening fast and we can't change it." "Of course we can't. It's like my brother being deployed or my dad dying. They couldn't be changed. They were going to happen." "I didn't mean to upset you more." He let it go, because I played the Dad card. I never do unless I have to. This is the first time with him and hopefully the last. "It's okay, it's not your fault. I need to get out of here." "Okay, let's go rent movies and get pizza was the munchkin people." He joked and it made me laugh. "I hate the wizard of Oz!" "Yeah, it wasn't my favorite either." "It was Lauryn's. She watched it all the time and could recite it all by heart from start to finish. Mom hated it, but Dad thought that it was funny. I hate it too." "Your family has a lot of opposites. Like Lauryn and Amanda. You and Kassie. But you and Lauryn are the same, and so are Amanda and Kassie." "Yeah, we're all different in our own ways. Even though we were raised the same." "Do you ever wish that your brother wasn't in the army?" "Well, yeah of course I do. I miss him. He's my only brother." "I miss my brother a lot too. He's my only sibling and it's hard to be here without him." "Babe, I'd say I understand, but I don't. I've never left my siblings. But, I've been left by a sibling and it sucks." "I also have both of my parents, so I don't understand how you feel." "JJ, I had my dad for 15 years, then now I've had Jake for 2. Ian was the man of the house for almost two years. It was a lot on him." I sighed remembering.

We were watching The Notebook, and I was playing with JJ's hair. "I can't wait to get it trimmed. I look like a cave man." He laughed. "You look fine! I love your hair like this." I smiled. "I know, especially during sex." He grinned. "EW! Really?" Kassie spoke up. "Yeah." He laughed. "You like my hair don't you?" I changed the subject before my sister got even more grossed out. "I love your blonde hair. It's beautiful and so are you." "Oh, you! I love you." "I love you too, baby." He kissed me.

"Come on!" I pulled him up and into my room. We had sex and every time we stopped, I'd make him go again. We were both exhausted when we finally quit. "Baby, that was amazing." He was happy and satisfied. "Really? Well, I am very good at that." "Oh, I know. I'm glad that you're good at it." He laughed. He fell asleep, but I couldn't. I stayed away and text Jay.

"Are you up best friend?"

"Yes, doing some last minute studying."

"Good. I can't sleep."

"Why not? You okay?"

"No. JJ is leaving me, and he hasn't even batted an eyelash about it. I know he misses home and shit, but I feel like he's not going to miss me."