Chapter 1

The alarm kept on the bedside table rang. A beautiful slender hand reached out from under the blankets and switched it off. Couple of minutes later, the blanket was slowly pushed away and a beautiful girl in her early twenties slowly got up from the bed.

She got up and went to the cupboard kept at one corner of the small bedroom. Taking her clothes, she went inside the bathroom. After freshening up and changing her clothes, she came out of the washroom. Drying her wet hair using a new towel, she came out of the room and went to the kitchen in her two bedroom apartment.

***************

Half an hour later

After making breakfast and laying them on the small round dining table, she once again entered her bedroom. Moving towards the double bed, a small smile appeared on her lips. Seeing the two figures lying on the bed wrapped in blankets, her heart warmed up.

Her babies. Her three old twin sons. Arav and Aryan. Sitting on the bedside, she gently removed the baby blankets from their tiny bodies. Scooping them on her each arms, she took them to the bathroom.

She chuckled hearing a "Mumma" in their sleepy voice in protest. Entering inside she made both of them stand on the floor. She turned around and took their baby brushes and started putting toothpaste on it, while both of them leaned on her still with closed eyes.

After putting the brushes on the counters, she took the mug and filled them with water. Then with a mischievous smile on her lips, she turned to both of them and started sprinkling tiny drops of water on their little faces.

Feeling the water droplets on their faces, both of them frowned and slowly opened their eyes. Narrowing their eyebrows, they gave an annoyed look and exclaimed in their cute angry baby voices, "Mumma".

Laughing, she made them stand in front of the sink and gave them their brushes gesturing them to brush. Visibly sighing, they both shook their heads at her and started brushing. She once again chuckled at them seeing them acting like an adult.

Getting them ready, she brought them to the dining table. After feeding them and eating her own breakfast, she immediately got ready. Packing her and her babies's lunch in containers, she rushed to take her bag and the boys' bags. Keeping all the necessary things, she quickly ushered the kids out.

After locking the door to her apartment, she came to her car. She buckled both of them in their car seats and took her seat behind the wheel. Soon they reached the day care center.

Getting down, she unbuckled them. Asking them to have their food on time and to take care of themselves, she handed them over to the lady running the Day care.

Once again getting inside the car, she drove through the familiar roads of Bangalore. Bangalore, this was the place which she called her home from past three and a half years.

Khushi. Means happiness. That's her name. Khushi Kumari Gupta. Three and a half years back, when she came to this city with her twin babies in her womb, she never thought that one day this city would mean so much to her.

Well it is true. After all these years, this city meant a lot of things. Not because she had any friends or relatives in this city. No. But this city had given her a life. This city had given her a sanctuary to live. To nurture her babies. This city had given her a sense of belongingness and strength. This city gave her the thing for which she had longed all her life. Love and happiness.

A place to call her home, an opportunity to live a life without any fear or uncertainty of future. No expectations, no taunts, no disgusted glares, no fear of society, no fear of right and wrong.