Chapter 6

Khushi was sitting wearing her night dress in the poolside in Arnav's room in Raizada Mansion. Yes, Arnav's room. Now also her room. Today, she had married Arnav. It was her suhaagraat (first night).

She was sitting there, trying to find her grandparents, Mama and Mami in the stars. She used to call her Mama- Mami, Ma - Papa because that made her feel close to them. Her parents always remained Mom - Dad.

Her Ma was an orphan. She lost her parents when she was very young. Khushi had seen her Ma trying to find her parents in stars when she was young. She believed that after death, people become stars. Sometimes, when Khushi felt herself alone, sad or happy, she also try to find her grandparents, Ma- Papa in stars.

Arnav came inside the room after getting teased by his cousin sisters. His sister was not present as she also got married today alongwith them and was in her husband's house. Payal and other ladies of the house, royally ignored like they were doing since the last few weeks.

But his cousin sisters, who had come to attend his and his sister's marriages, didn't allowed him to enter the room and teased him mercilessly. Entered inside the room, he sighed. He saw the room decorated for first night.

The decoration was minimal. He knew if it was upto his family, they wouldn't have even decorated the room. They knew the circumstances in which the marriage happened. But due to the presence of relatives, they have to do minimal decoration for courtesy sake.

He came inside and looked around. He frowned not finding Khushi in the room. He knew that their situation was different but wasn't she supposed to be in the same room atleast to show the relatives sitting outside. Then where is she.

Walking around the room, he saw her sitting by the poolside in her night dress. He sighed. Taking his clothes, he went to washroom to freshen up. He came back and started removing the decorations in the room.

He didn't wanted to make the situation awkward when Khushi comes inside the room. Already everything is a mess. He didn't want to make it anymore worse.

After clearing everything, he sat on the recliner with his laptop trying to do some work. Unwantedly, both their minds travelled to the things that happened in the last few weeks.

One and a half month before. After they had come back from the birthday party, nobody talked to Arnav. This went on for few more days. Everyone in his family ignored him. Khushi and Lavanya completely avoided being in his presence.

If at all they wanted to talk anything to him regarding work, they would do it through Aman. Otherwise they just ignored him. Arnav tried to talk to Khushi few times, even apologize to her but she didn't hear anything.

All these while, his only solace was his kids. They spent time with him. The moment they would step inside the office, they would run to him and would spend the whole day with him. Fortunately, nobody stopped him from spending time with them, neither Khushi nor his family.

He became very close to them in these few days. He would spend the whole day with them in office and during weekends, he would take them out. In these two weeks passed. The day of fashion show was finally there and it was a huge hit.

Everyone praised him and Khushi. He was proud of her. She did a good job in managing the event. Finally it was time for him to say goodbye to Khushi and kids. The show was over and there was no reason for them to come to his office.

He didn't know what to do so that he can atleast see them regularly. With kids, he can go and meet them. He was sure that nobody would refuse but what about Khushi. There was no way for him to meet her. But his family had other plans.