Chapter 5

Two weeks later

Arnav was driving back home from his office. It had been two weeks since Khushi started working with him. Two weeks since she started coming to office with her kids.

Though they worked with each other. They hardly spoke about anything other than work related things. One because Khushi didn't respond to anything that he talked other than work. She simply ignored him and acted nonchalant by his presence.

And secondly, he didn't know how to approach her. He was too much guilty due to his past actions and whatever he did and said to her, he didn't had courage to talk to her.

On the other hand was Lavanya. The girl was amusing. Arnav thought with a chuckle. Clumsy but interesting. In this two weeks, whenever there's necessity to talk anything to him, Khushi pushed Lavanya to do that. The girl was a disaster. She needed guidance at every step.

She would run to Khushi for even smallest of the small problems. Well he must Khushi had immense patience to handle her and she did it perfectly. As a team, they were awesome. Khushi's management skills and Lavanya's vibrance gave a special effect to their team.

The only good thing that happened in these two weeks, according to Arnav was the little ones. He had come close to them. Whenever he got a chance, he would sneak them with him to his cabin or garden to spend time with them.

They also loved his company. The babies were a delight to spend time with. The similarities in their like and dislikes were the icing on the cake. They spent most of the time playing in his laptop, strolling in the garden, sometimes working there, or simply playing with their toys. It was a pleasure to spend time with them that he never used to realise when the time used to fly while being with them.

He came out of his thoughts hearing his phone ringing. Seeing his sister's number, he parked his car at the roadside and accepted the call. As soon as he switched on his Bluetooth, he heard her voice from other side.

Phone Conversation

Anjali: Bhai, did you asked Aman to send the items that I told you.

Arnav: Yeah.

Anjali: Did you told him that I had messaged the address to him.

Arnav: Yeah. I have told him and your things will reach on time.

Anjali: OK. Then. Bye.

Arnav: Wait.

Anjali: Yeah, Bhai.

Arnav: First you tell me this why you wanted those things. I mean those party wears, decoration items, all those things. As much as I know, there is no party or function at home today. Also none of your marriage rituals have started yet. Then why did you want all those things.

Anjali: Oh ho, Bhai. There is no function at our home nor it's for my marriage rituals. Actually today's Kiddos, I mean Khush's kids' third birthday. We were planning a surprise party for them. All these items are for that. Everyone's here only.

Arnav: What??? Kids' birthday?

Anjali: Yeah. I forgot to tell you. Anyways you don't like parties. That too kids' parties. So it's OK. Bye. Bhai. I have so much of work.

Phone Conversation ends

Before Arnav could say something, Anjali cut the call. He gaped at the phone. What the?? Kiddos' birthday and nobody told him. Damn you Anju. Why didn't you tell me before.

Now what will I do? I don't even know what and where they are planning surprise. And this Anjali, always keeps blabbering about all unwanted things but didn't tell the most important thing. It's Kiddo's birthday and I haven't even wished them, nor bought any gift for them.