Chapter 2

Arnav Singh Raizada was pacing in his room. The frown lines were clearly on his forehead. Every few minutes, his right hand went into his hair pulling at it. He was agitated, angry, restless, frustrated, happy, sad, confused. You can say he was feeling all the emotions in the world.

From the moment those words rolled out of her mouth he felt as if ground spilled beneath his feet. He was surprised would be an understatement. Not only him but he saw his family or rather say everyone around her gaping at her as if they have seen a ghost.

Not being able to control his feelings, he immediately left from there. He roamed around the party, trying to talk to various people, in his attempts to distract himself. But everytime he felt his thoughts going back to the conversation he had with her few minutes back.

As soon as the party ended he rushed back to his room not paying heed to anyone. From that time, he had locked himself in his room. It had been two hours, still he couldn't bring himself out of the conversation he had with her. Her words were still echoing in his ears. "He died four years back."

Four years, the last time he saw her was four years back. He still remembered that meeting with her. The most memorable meeting of his life. It was the first and the last time, he had talked with her. And he knew he will remember that meeting till the end of his life. So much had happened that day.

His life had changed after that meeting. Or you can say that his life took a new turn after that. But then his life had changed from the time she had entered in it.

Arnav Singh Raizada, the elder son of Raizada family. The Apple of his parent's eyes. He was born with silver spoon in his mouth. He was pampered, loved, cared and showered with every luxuries in his life.

Everyone respected him. Be it his siblings or outsiders. He was perfect in everything he did. His whole family was proud of him.  He also loved everyone immersely especially his younger sister, Anjali.

He was always protective of her just like his other family members. The slight difference in the heights of her right and left legs was always a reason of worry for his whole family. Everyone fussed around her. He was no less. A single tear from her eyes, he used to get ready to burn the whole world.

Other than that there was never a thing to worry in his life. His life was always perfect. Loving parents, naughty yet caring siblings, amazing family, all the luxury that you would ever want in a lifetime. Everything was there. His life was going smooth.

It was to this perfect life of his, she entered as a hurricane. He was 18 year old, when he first saw her. His 10 years old new neighbor, the same age as his sister. Her parents were their neighbors from ages. She was staying in Lucknow with her maternal grandparents from the time of her birth.

But then she shifted to live with her parents when she was 10 years old. Khushi Kumari Gupta. The younger daughter of business tycoon Shashi Gupta and Garima Gupta. Younger sister of Vishal Gupta.

Though Guptas were their neighbors from a long time, both families were not much close other than usual formal wishes and greetings. On the other hand, Raizadas were very close with Shashi's sister's family. Shyam and Arnav were best friends from childhood.

Arnav was a guy who every girl drooled over right from his young age. His female following was always very good. Everyone just admired him. Why won't they? After all its very difficult to find a handsome guys that too with brains and money. A deadly combination.

But the girl who attracted the 18 year old teenager was his silent and innocent looking meek 10 year old neighbor who looked lost in her new surroundings. Something about her pulled him towards her. Was it her captivating hazelnut eyes, her cute clumsiness or her scared naive form that always looked around trying to not get herself lost in the new surroundings. He didn't know.