Chapter 4

Khushi sat on her bed in Kashyap's apartment in Delhi after coming back from AR Designs. She had shifted there the previous day with Lavanya and kids. Sittng there she was lost in her thoughts.

Khushi Kumari Gupta was the younger daughter of business tycoon Shashi Gupta and Garima Gupta. Younger sister of Vishal Gupta.

For the outside world, she had a dream life. Beauty, brains, money, luxuries everything. But only she knew how empty she always felt from inside. Her parents never loved her. Never wanted her.

And they had always showed it. From leaving a newborn Khushi with her maternal grandparents to never getting involved in anything related to her life. They had always showed how unwanted she was.

Khushi's life was not a bed of roses. She always craved for the love of her parents but she never got it. On the other hand, they showered all their love on her elder sibling. She wondered sometimes, if it was due to her being a girl or simply because they were too busy in their own lives.

She also never had a proper relation with her brother. One because Vishal never wanted her. He was happy being the only child of his parents getting all their love and care which he didn't want to share with anyone. Another reason was he was too busy in his own super cool life with friends, money and girlfriends, that he didn't had time for his childish little baby sister.

The only solace in Khushi's life was her maternal family. They loved her to bits and provided her with everything. Her paternal family only consisted of Madhumathi and Shyam. Due to their middle class background, her parents didn't had much relation with them. On the other hand, her mother's parents were rich. Her mother belonged to one of the rich families of Lucknow. This made her parents have a greater bond with her maternal family than her father's family.

Khushi was an accidental child. Her parents never wanted her. When Garima got pregnant for the second time, they were surprised. They wanted to abort her. But due to some health problems they couldn't do it.

Khushi was born in Lucknow in her mother's home. Her mother used to stay there with her after her birth. Few days, after her birth, her mother returned back to Delhi with her father and brother but she left a few days old Khushi with her grandparents citing the reason that they won't be able to take care of her in their busy scheduled.

Even though her grandparents tried to convince her parents, it didn't had any effect. Later, they gave up and took care of Khushi with lots of love and care. Her maternal family consisted of her grandparents, Mama and Mami. Her Mama - Mami were childless. For them, Khushi was like a blessing. They brought her up like a princess with all luxuries and showered her with immense love. Though she missed her parents, Khushi was happy with her grandparents, Mama and Mami.

For her Mama - Mami, she was like their own child. With time, even Khushi had accepted them as her parents, though she knew the truth. She used to call them Ma-Papa.  It never bothered her if her Ma-Papa gave birth to her or not, the love they showered on her was invaluable and that was all that she wanted. For the world, she was daughter of Shashi and Garima, but the people who really gave parental love to her was her Mama - Mami.

After getting Payal as her best friend, Khushi was content in her little world with her grandparents, Ma-Papa and best friend, that she never bothered about her real family, her parents and brother.

Her Ma-Papa wanted to adopt her. Even her parents were ready as they never bothered about Khushi much. But everything got ruined.

Her bubble burst when she was 10 years old. Her little world crumbled. The death of her grandparents, Ma and Papa in an accident, ruined everything. She lost her world. She didn't realize what happened after that.