Epilogue

One year later

Khushi came out of the washroom wearing a white churidar. She stood in front of the dressing table and started wiping her hairs. Her eyes fell on the mangalsutra (nuptial chain) and Sindoor (vermilion) kept on the dressing table.

Her thoughts went to the horrific day one year before.

Flashback

After Arnav lost his conscious. Inspector came inside with the paramedics. They immediately took Arnav and Meera's death body to the hospital. Arnav was admitted in ICU and an immediate surgery was suggested.

Soon the surgery started. Everyone was sitting outside with tensed faces. NK also came there.

The kids were admitted in the paediatric department of the same hospital. Fortunately, Meera didn't do much damage to the kids. She just used some chloroform while kidnapping them and then injected them with some mild sedatives to make them sleep.

The doctors had treated them and had kept them in observation. They were sleeping in their room. Since Khushi wasn't in a condition to take care of them, Payal and Lavanya offered to help and went to their rooms.

The whole family was sitting outside the OT waiting for the operation to end and the doctor to come out. Meera's parents were informed by the police. After the formalities, her dead body was handed over to her family.

None of the Raizadas attended the funeral as they couldn't still forgive her for the betrayal she caused them.

Two hours later, the operation finished and doctor came out. Everyone rushed to him.

Khushi was the first one to throw questions, "Doctor, how is he? He is fine, right? He will be alright, right?"

Doctor looked at the young lady in front of him looking at him with hopeful eyes to hear some good news about her husband. Her desperate was constantly looking at him and towards the door of the operation theatre as if her husband would magically come out of it all fit and fine. The love she had for her husband was clearly palpable in her eyes.

"The operation was successful. We removed the bullet. But..." The doctor began.

"But what doctor. He is fine, right." Her desperate eyes searched in his for answers.

The doctor sighed. "Even though we removed the bullet, he was severely injured. One of the arteries which supply blood to the brain was injured. We tried to correct it maximum. But his condition is still critical. We have to wait for the next 24 hours to see if he gains consciousness or not. If he didn't wake up in next 24 hours, then..."

"Then what doctor." Khushi asked with teary eyes.

"Then I am sorry but there are chances that he might slip into coma." Doctor said feeling sorry for the family whose face suddenly fell hearing the word 'coma'.

He shook his head and left from there. The whole family sat outside the ICU waiting for any news about Arnav. Khushi was numb the whole time. Arnav's face was running before her eyes all the time.

Few hours later, Arav and Aryan came to their Mumma. Seeing them, Khushi couldn't control herself and burst out crying. Though the babies couldn't understand anything. They understood that their Dada was not OK and that's why their Mumma is crying.

They tried to console their Mumma the maximum they could. They then went and prayed for their Dada in the small temple in the hospital. Others eyes brimmed seeing the babies's love for their parents.

After sometime, Akash took Payal (remember she was pregnant) alongwith kids, Dadi and Nani to home. Others stayed in the private room in the hospital.