Chapter 7b

Arnav alongwith Khushi and Anjali reached the place in half an hour. Entering inside they saw an old worn-out godown. They saw Meera sitting in a chair in her bridal dress with gun in her hand.

In one corner, a hawankund alongwith a priest was present. The priest was chanting some mantras and arranging things for some pooja or something.

"What's all these, Meera? Where is our kids?" Arnav asked angrily.

"Calm down, Arnavji. Why are you angry? You should be happy. Today you are going to get rid of this useless Khushi and get married to me. Then we will live happily. We will have lots of amazing kids not like those brats. All these arrangements are for our marriage." Meera said smiling widely.

All three of them felt angry on her. "Stop all these nonsense, Meera. And tell me where is my kids?"

"Relax, relax. I will tell you. First you have to do as say."

"No first show us the kids. Then only I will do anything that you want."

"OK. OK. Don't get angry." Meera went behind the chair and removed a curtain present there. Behind the curtain sat the two little babies with their hands tied and mouths plastered, sleeping.

Arnav, Khushi and Anjali gasped seeing their condition. They felt anger rising inside them for Meera.

"Arav, Aryan" Khushi screamed. "Arnav, my babies."

"What the hell is this? What did you do to our kids?" Arnav screamed at Meera.

"Relax Arnavji. I didn't do anything to your kids. I just gave them some drugs. They are sleeping only. But if you don't do as I say, they will be sleeping forever." Meera said cynically.

"No!!!" All three of them shrieked.

"Why are you doing all this, Meera?" Anjali asked with tears.

"Ah, my dear best friend. Don't you know why I am doing all this? I asked you to do one help to me and you couldn't do it also. I asked you to make your brother get married to me. What did you do? You went and brought this Khushi back into your brother's life. You cleared the misunderstanding between them and got them married. Then you came and advised me to forget him. Like Really. Is this how a best friend should be?" Meera asked angrily.

"Meera, you have to understand. They both love each other. Please Meera, stop all these. Please leave the babies. You are not doing right." Anjali tried to make her understand.

"Oh please. Go and give this lecture of yours to someone else. I don't want all these. I know what to do."

"Meera, please understand..."

"I said, just shut up. Otherwise I will kill you." Meera said pointing gun at Anjali.

"No" Arnav screamed. "Leave her. What do you want, tell me."

"OK. So since you both (indicating at Arnav and Khushi) are here. I want you to sign these papers." Meera said showing some papers.

"What's this?" Arnav asked frowning.

"These are your divorce papers. In this it is written that you and Khushi are taking divorce on mutual consent and from now onwards you don't have any relation with Khushi and her kids." Meera said smiling.

Hearing that all three of them gulped. They looked at each other shocked.

"Come on, fast. Once you both will sign these. Then we both will marry. Then everything will be fine." Meera said looking at Arnav admiringly.

Arnav felt disgusted under her gaze. They didn't know what to do. They prayed that the others and police reach on time and they could save the babies.