Chapter 2

Walking into the hotel lobby, I see the guy I like playfully pushing another guy. They smiled brightly. Feeling nervous and angry, I unknowingly walk up to them.

"Hi, I'm Akemi. I'm sure you saw me earlier today," I say while only looking at the guy I like.

He seemed kind of shocked. "Oh yes hello. I'm Masato, do you need help with anything?"

"Uhm well. Sort of, not really, maybe. My uhm tv is broken," I make up.

"Oh is it? It shouldn't be though. Your room was renovated recently," he says while looking genuinely concerned.

A smile curled upon my lips. "How do you know my room was renovated? I didn't even tell you my room number,"

He didn't say a word.

I got him.

He doesn't respond. Instead he just asks me to lead him to my room.

Letting go of it to help him calm down, I can't help but to keep smiling while we rode the elevator up to my room.

I open the door with my key and then the thought hits me. The tv wasn't even broken.

I rush in and start to panic.

"Hey can you go into the bathroom and wash your hands first. I uhm have this thing where I don't like germs," I make up.

He furrows his eyebrows, confused, but then goes into the bathroom. Once I hear the sound of the water running, I go to the tv and first hide the remote. Then I try to unplug every cord I see.

He comes out of the bathroom and I'm already sitting on the bed casually waiting.

"Let me take a look," he says while walking over to the tv. "May I have the remote," he asks while looking over to me.

I shrug and don't say anything.

"You don't have the remote?" He asks suspiciously.

I don't know how good my poker face was but he stopped asking after I kept trying shrugging.

He nods and looks around the tv to see the messy cords. One by one, he untangles them and tries to plug them back when I walk over to him and kneel down beside him.

"You need help?" I offer.

"Uhm finding the remote would be helpful," he says.

I refuse quietly in my head and don't move. Instead, I just wait next to him while he tries to figure everything out.

It seemed like he was figuring which cord goes into where so I decided to "help" him.

"No silly!" I say while wacking his hand. "That one goes over there," I say while grabbing the wire from his hand and taking another out and replacing it.

He looks at me trying to say something that won't hurt my feelings. "Actually I think that might go over there," he tries to inform as kindly as possible.

I ignore him and start to unplug some stuff and try to tangle up the cords as casually as possible. He seems annoyed but he doesn't stop me. I could tell he was looking at my pretend confused face as I stupidly measured the cords.

I tried to do everything to stall the time.

"Oh wait a second," I say while getting up pretending like I figured something out.

I take a step but then the cord had wrapped around my ankle making me lose my balance.

I wobble trying to find something to hold. My hand grabs a piece of cloth and then fall backwards but thankfully I didn't fall onto the ground.

I look up to see what I was grabbing and saw Masato's shocked face. I gasp but just stare at his beautiful face.

My heart beat crazily inside my chest. Suddenly, the door flies open. Masato and hurriedly get out of each other's arms and look at the door.

Kasumi, Daichi, and his father look at us with wide eyes.

Shit!