Chapter 4

A few weeks had passed and Masato and I never spoke of what happened that night.

I tried to talk to him but he wouldn't even make eye contact with me. Feeling hurt, I rarely got out of my room. Kasumi had no clue of that night.

Daichi and his family never spoke to us again. I think they made Kasumi lose her job but she didn't tell me the truth when I asked her. She just said she didn't like the job anymore when I really knew she did.

She's a bad liar.

I felt bad about everything and everything just progressed to become worse.

I think I fell into depression or something. Every morning my body cramped and I had painful headaches. I barely ate anything but my stomach seemed to always try to throw something up.

Kasumi offered to take me to the doctors but I refused to go down to the lobby.

She didn't know about that night with me and Masato but I think she figured it out on her own. She kept telling me if I wanted to see Masato and I would end up lashing out at her.

I eventually apologized. I just didn't know what to do. I didn't understand why Masato would start ignoring me. I thought we would grow closer to each other.

A knock came on the door and I immediately knew it was Kasumi.

She walked in and came to where I sat.

"Akemi, you look worse than yesterday. You've gotten paler. Are you sure you don't want any soup,"

I shook my head no making her sigh.

"Akemi, you can't do nothing forever. I don't exactly know why you're doing this but it's not going to benefit you in any way. You're starving yourself. You're going to faint if you keep doing this. I'll go downstairs and get you something. If you don't eat it, I'll force it down your throat. Wait here," she informs before leaving me.

I sit there with a blank expression. Feeling nauseous, I gag hard and run to the bathroom. My stomach stung and my eyes watered.

I sat back onto the ground, exhausted. I closed my eyes and started crying for no reason. Tears fell down my cheeks and I felt disgusting.

Crying loudly, I felt hopeless. I wanted to see Masato so bad. Wiping my tears, I suddenly felt the courage to go down to the lobby.

Running out the elevator, I look around hastily but don't see him. Going up to the counter, I ask the desk lady if she's seen Masato.

A frown appears on her face. "He's not here anymore," she informs.

"W-What do you mean?"

"He got fired a few days ago,"

"F-Fired?! Why?!"

She shrugs. I start to feel lightheaded again. Where can I find him now?

I asked her if she knew where he might be.

"Well his friend might know. Oh, his friend is coming over here. Why don't you ask him,"

I turn around to where she pointed and recognized the man. Running to him, I desperately asked him where Masato was.

He seemed nervous to answer but seeing me in a mess made him tell me.

I run outside and hail a cab and tell the driver the address. After awhile, the car stops in front of rusty, old apartment buildings.

I find the apartment number and hesitate. My heart beat faster and I was eager to see him but nervous at the same time. Taking a deep breath, I knock on the door.

There was no answer. Knocking louder, this time it opens. I see Masato open the door. I melt again at the same gaze I fell in love with. He was starting to grow a beard and his hair was a mess.

It pained me to see him like this.

"M-Masato," I call quietly.

He looks away from me making the tears flow out.

"Please,"

"Leave," he quietly commands.

"Masato!"

"I said leave!" He yells out to me.

I internally scream with pain. Why was he doing this?!

He shuts the door leaving me all alone. I fall to the ground crying.

"Please Masato, don't leave me," I murmur to myself.

* * *

I go back to the hotel to Kasumi yelling at me with concern. I ignore her and sit back onto the bed defeated.

"You went to Masato didn't you?" She finally asks.

Hearing his name makes a knot in my chest. She notices the impact of his name being called and knows it's him that made me like this.

She balls her hands into fists. She hastily turns around in anger and runs out of the room but before she can, I grab her wrist.

"Don't," I tell her calmly.

She takes a deep breath. I can tell I'm really making her worry. I don't want her to but I don't know what else to do. I just didn't feel like doing anything. I lost hope.

She helps me get back into bed and feeds me warm soup. I thank her and fall back to sleep for the day.