Chapter 5

Day after day I ate but still had no energy. My body felt tired and weak.

I didn't go back to Masato's house though. I decided to move on. It just for one night, if he can move on then so can I.

I started to get out more and soon I found a job at the bakery. I did my best to now help after Kasumi. I wanted to buy her something nice and pamper her just like she's done for me.

I started to get better and now I seemed like myself again. Maybe I was becoming too happy.

I definitely gained more weight. Maybe I was stress eating. Maybe my mind still trailed back to the distant memory of Masato. I don't know.

I had gained a few pounds but didn't feel bad. Kasumi was much happier now that I was back on track. We promised each other that we'll earn money together and she won't make an arranged marriage ever again.

I actually met someone nice at the cafe. I don't think I like him though, I'm just comfortable around him.

He kind of reminded me of Masato though. His dark hair and dark eyes made my heart beat whenever it looked into mine. Why can't I easily forget Masato?

Sighing, I finish working for the day and head back to the hotel.

* * *

A few months passed and Kasumi was starting to get concerned about my weight gain. I really didn't mind though although I was getting confused.

Kasumi and I went to the hospital to get a check up. I walked into the building feeling energized but came out feeling lightheaded.

I got into the taxi and the doctor's words kept repeating inside my head.

"You're pregnant Akemi,"

I tugged on my hair violently. What am I supposed to do now?

We arrived back at the hotel and Kasumi came up to my room with me. She sensed my distressed state.

"You have to tell him," she suggested.

"Kasumi, how? I haven't seen him in months and now I'm supposed to go to him and tell him I'm pregnant with your kid? No! I'm not doing it,"

"So, you're getting an abortion?" She asked.

"No way!"

"Then you're telling him, Akemi,"

I pick at the sheet covers and my eyes trail to the tv cords. A smile creeps onto my lips as I remember that day. I missed it.

"I can't Kasumi," I said quietly. I really wanted to see him again but I knew he didn't want to see me.

He's probably moved on and is dating other people. Who would be able to resist his charm.

Kasumi puts her hand onto my shoulder,"tell him Akemi," she repeats again before leaving the room.

She's right, I at least have to tell him.

I lay down on the bed and start to rehearse in my head how I'll tell him.