》03: untold

°°°

"It was a chance given to me. It was the chance I took whole-heartedly. It almost destroyed me, but my decision was not to regret."

°°°

As Mr. Cho dissmissed the IT class, Baekhyun swiftly packed his notebook and yellow sticky notes, and rushed out of the classroom without giving a glance to anyone.

He was exhausted. Dark bags under his eyes and his eyes themselves swollen and red were a proof. He tried to cover them with plenty of acceptable make up, including powder and heavy eyeliner.
He didn't like wearing it during days, during lessons, but the situation forced him to.

He didn't want to show how tired he actually looked and was.

He could easily act as if everything is fine, but he didn't feel like it.
Avoiding everyone was the best choice. And for those who watched him from a far, he wanted to look decent and still attractive.

As he walked quickly with his head highly raised, and his mind much further from his body, he didn't notice someone getting near him.

"Ouch, I'm sorry." Damn, I never apologize first.

He said without even looking who he bumped into. When he finally managed to catch a glimpse of that guy, much taller than him judging by the fact his face hit his chest, the guy already started walking past him.

If it was someone else other than that actual person, Baekhyun would blame his lack of height for the situation. (Beside the fact he didn't look where he was going.)

It was Park Chanyeol.

Now, everyone he has to blame is himself.

Chanyeol made no difference between Baekhyun and the air, except the fact he could live without Baekhyun.

So, they bumping into each other, for him, wasn't anything more than getting hit by wind.

At least, Baekhyun had no worries for apologizing the first.

Once he came back to his senses, Chanyeol was already gone. Baekhyun was grateful he didn't manage to look into his eyes and see something that couldn't be described. Was Chanyeol looking through him, was he seeing someone else who hurt him in the past, or was there something more?

Looking shallowly, Baekhyun sees blankness in them, but Baekhyun actually sees something else. He sees more, yet he is unable to explain what was that. It confuses him. It makes him go crazy.

Leave me alone, Park Chanyeol.

Not long after that, or it was just what Baekhyun thought, Junmyeon approached him with a pat on his shoulder.

"What's up with you, Baek? Actually, you two?"

You two?

Baekhyun just looked at him confusingly and slowly, he started walking. He knew what was up with him, but not the other person his sectionmate mentioned. Junmyeon wasn't left behind though, matching his steps immediately after.

"You and Chanyeol," he started after he realized Baekhyun didn't get his point, "you both look like you're ready for going to club, not the school. I mean... all that make up? Isn't that too much?"