》11: ordinary

Expect longer chapter because it's a part of the gift for my friend's birthday.

°°°

"It's stunningly beautiful and gives off an unreachable artistic look. For a moment I felt envious of the sky coloring your skin the way I could never. I moved my sight away at the thought that came too early. My eyes found the lack of color in the frame that didn't have you in, though."

°°°

Chanyeol did his best to escape a bad fate, but his legs weren't long enough when it came to a flaming male chasing him. Actually, before the run even started, he knew there was no way to escape. After he received a birthday cake in the face and was left in the dark with Baekhyun, he knew his best friend wouldn't be satisfied with only that kind of punishment.

After what seemed as short as a blink of an eye, the talk with Baekhyun ended when Jongdae found them seated close to each other with cans of something that seemed like fruit juice in their hands. The situation was more surprising than anything that his mind could make up. Even in the dark, smiles the two exchanged were bright and lively, almost questioning him if they were real. It brought warm feelings to his chests, but he wouldn't let that unacceptable action of Chanyeol's slip that easily.

Jongdae was left speechless but ended up throwing the cake right into his best friend's face anyways, and he eventually walked away with his fists clenched hard.

"Happy birthday, motherfucker!" He shouted and everything he could hear was high-pitched laughter of Baekhyun's in return.

"Do you even know why I chose to celebrate my birthday the day before yours?" He shouted and grabbed taller's neck when he entered his room later that day. It was around seven in the morning, and earlier he finishes scolding, the better.

Even if Chanyeol wanted to answer, it was impossible when his friend was madly shaking him and choking him with the strength he didn't know that could be found in that small friend of his.

"Because I wanted to surprise you too at midnight! I wanted the rest of the party to be yours, but you fucking weren't there!" His voice was high and whiny. Chanyeol's roommate was showering or more like purposely avoiding to listen to it or face the entire happening. Chanyeol wished they could switch for a while.

"Out of all people, you were with Byun Baekhyun! I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed with that, but truthfully, I could never guess you'd ditch your best friend's party to gulp down the juice with no other than a guy you used to never talk about or even more - talk with." He pushed him to the bed and let out one last pretty long and loud whine.

Even so, he couldn't help but smile at realization what actually happened the night before. Chanyeol began opening up a little bit more, he kept walking forward. Despite everything, Jongdae felt his own heart fluttering at the thought.

"You like Baekhyun, don't you?" With a straightforward question, his facial expression became a serious one. Glaring at his best friend who decided to mirror his expression, he waited for the answer.

"Pft," Chanyeol let out, "I don't like him." It sounded stable and convincing enough, but Jongdae wasn't the one to take in anything that's pushed towards him. 

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." He shrugged.

Chanyeol rolled his eyes and decided to break the chain of that certain topic. "By the way, thank you for your effort. But you know that I don't celebrate birthdays at all."