》13: imperfect matches

°°°

"Imperfect, you said. Don't make it perfect, it might get damaged."

°°°

Rain stretched across days and maybe weeks, Baekhyun didn't mind to count, falling madly as if the sky was overly hurt and broken. He loved rain but never as much as he loved serenity skies, sunshine kissing his rosy cheeks and in the night, plenty of stars blinking down at him as if they were still wondering what a mess he has made out of himself.

Although days and nights were accompanied by the dark clouds hovering above, without giving him a single peek at what he loved the most, Baekhyun appreciated every single raindrop that fell on the ground and always wanted one more after the one that was the last that fell.

At the first morning he woke up at the sound of rain hitting the windows, he wasn't so happy about it. However, once he came back to his room after tiring lessons and glanced at the still unfinished painting left against the wall, he knew he actually didn't hate the weather that much. Every day at the same time, he would leave everything else aside and rush down the stairs hoping the rain was still pouring and the sky was still grey and almost giving off a look of being lifeless.
His hopes were fulfiled and with the first look at the tall figure standing at the same place, he knew he hoped for something he was longing for.
However, he didn't know the reason he was desiring for someone's presence. He didn't understand why the yellow umbrella was the shelter from more than the rainfall alone. He didn't know why the shoulder he leaned his cheek against at some point of time was more comfortable than the pillow. And he didn't want to know.

He wanted to stay clueless, lost and unaware of the silent whispers of his heart because once he hears them and makes some things clear, it wouldn't feel the same. It would bother him, suffocate him and choke him, but he still wanted to breathe. What an irony for someone who used to have a wish to disappear.

It wasn't like no one noticed that Chanyeol and Baekhyun weren't the same. They were more distant when others were around, but still, they pulled each other in like gravity and it couldn't pass unseen. No one understood and they asked, but the answer seemed to be unknown. Although they didn't know why did Chanyeol act the way he acted with Baekhyun from the very beginning, Baekhyun himself didn't let them question too much about it. He didn't know either and chose to respect Chanyeol's request.
It was weird for someone who had people wrapped around his finger and their friends pointed it out a couple of times, but still, they believed that someone like Baekhyun had another intention hidden behind. In fact, he didn't. He was just pulled in in the whatever Chanyeol was at and couldn't find himself pulled out of it.

"You two are too much, do you realize that?" Kyungsoo once said when he was hanging out in his room with his best friend. Baekhyun shrugged as an answer. "People actually saw you two standing in the rain like sick idiots yet you still don't care what an effect it would be having on your so-called-image."

"People should mind their own business. When it comes to me, they aren't closing their loud mouths. Yet, they know nothing. Who says Chanyeol isn't one more person I'm playing with?"

"I say, Baekhyun. You haven't played with someone for more than a night." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "It's not like I do mind what you two are doing. I'm just pointing out what you seem not to see."

"Trust me, Kyung, I know what I'm doing, okay?" Baekyun smiled and little did he know, he absolutely had no idea where the whole story of him and Chanyeol was going.

With everyone else's words far away, he found himself beside the person whose name he heard way too many times one more day in a row. They were standing at the same exact place at the same exact time. That day, the younger had a white turtleneck and a long black coat on trying to match the fashion sense Chanyeol had. The older chuckled as soon as he saw him like that, despite Baekhyun being naturally elegant and graceful. The best clothes that suited him in Chanyeol's opinion were the ones making him look confident. He, in any other case, would look just like that, radiating with so much confidence that people would turn breathless. However, Baekhyun, in front of him that day, looked a little bit shy and uneasy as if wondering what effect he would leave on the other.