20. Twas' the Night before Christmas

I'm woken up on Christmas Eve to the sound of water being shut off in my bathroom followed by my boyfriend walking out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Morning sweetheart" he smiles as he runs his hand through his wet hair causing droplets to fly everywhere.

"Morning" I murmur as I let out a deep sigh. "How was your shower?" I ask as I sit up and lean against the headboard.

"Alright" he shrugs. "I'm sure it would've been better with you" he smirks as he sits on the edge of the bed.

"Yea?" I smirk, raising an eyebrow at him. "Well you know we will have the house to ourselves tonight" I remind him causing his eyes to widen. "I'm just saying" I add innocently as a blush rises on my cheeks.

A knock on the bedroom door ends our flirtatious moment. "I'm gonna go get dressed" Josh says while I climb out of bed and head towards the door, pulling it open. I find Liam standing on the other side with a button up that's horribly misbuttoned and a pair of dress pants on his small figure. I chuckle as I watch him hold out two ends of a tie that he can't seem to figure out.

"Can you help me?" he asks making a smile pull at my lips as I kneel down in front of him and take hold of the tie.

"Where did you get this tie buddy?" I ask curiously.

"Daddy" he replies. "I found it in the bag of clothes that your and Aunt Mia were gonna get rid of" he explains. "Are you mad?" he asks making me chuckle as I shake my head.

"Of course not kiddo" I assure him. "I could never be mad at you. But" I add, "I think you're a little small for this tie. Maybe you could tuck it into your pocket" I suggest.

"But I wanna wear it" he argues. I sigh as I nod in understanding.

"I get that" I nod. "But it's too big. You can bring it with you but you can't wear it" I explain causing him to huff in annoyance as he steps away from me.

"I'm wearing it" he shouts as he turns on his heels and runs off to his bedroom.

"Liam Matthew Clark" I yell as I follow him in his haste. "Liam" I shout as he attempts to close his bedroom door on me. "Liam stop" I exclaim as I push open the door. "You cannot wear the tie. You can take it with you but that is all I can offer you. If that's not good enough then I'll keep it here with me" I add causing his eyes to widen.

"No" he shouts. "It's mine."

"Fine" I give, "but you cannot wear it." He sighs as he looks down at the tie longingly.

"I just wanna be like daddy" he murmurs making a smile pull at my lips as I nod in understanding.

"You're always like your daddy" I assure him. "Every little thing about you reminds me of him. You don't need to wear his tie."

"Why can't you come today?" he asks, changing the subject. I sigh as I kneel down to take his hands in mine.

"It's complicated buddy" I reply honestly when the doorbell suddenly rings. "That's probably Mia" I say as I stand up and head towards the front door only to find that my boyfriend has beat me to it.

"Maya" she exclaims. "I like the new doorman" she smirks as she lets herself in making me roll my eyes in amusement.

"I'm glad you approve" I chuckle. "Liam should be ready in a minute he just needs some help with his shirt."

"I'm on it" Josh smiles as he brushes past me towards Liam's room. A smirk pulls at Mia's lips as she watches him walk off.

"So he's staying here now?" she asks teasingly making me roll my eyes at my sister in law.