25. Moving?

Waking up to Josh has become such a routine at this point that when I wake up and find the bed empty a surge of panic washes over me and I sit up in bed abruptly. "Josh" I call out. "Josh" I repeat causing him to rush into the room with a towel on his shoulder.

"Baby what's wrong?" he asks, glancing around the room in a panic. I let out a deep sigh of relief as I relax against the headboard of my bed and shake my head.

"Nothing. I just-I didn't hear the water running and you weren't here-."

"You thought I ran off?" he asks as he moves to take a seat on the edge of the bed, resting his hand on my knee. "I'm right here baby."

"I know" I nod. "I think it's still just" I swallow harshly, "it's still just scary. There's a part of me that thinks I'm going to wake up one morning and you'll be gone."

He smiles softly, reaching forward to caress my cheek. "I'm not going anywhere sweetheart" he assures me. "I love you."

"I love you too" I reply, leaning forward and catching his lips with mine in a kiss that deepens rapidly and results in him grabbing my hips and puling me onto his lap. I moan against his lips, tugging at his hair as I grind my hips against his, feeling him hardening underneath me. "Are you cooking?" I ask breathlessly as we pull apart.

"No. I turned off the stove."

"Good" I murmur, crashing my lips back onto his and reaching between us to push down his sweatpants. He groans, reaching under his t-shirt that was hanging loosely off my figure and pushing my panties to the side. I'm about to sink down onto him when my brain catches up with my lower region and I stop. "Shit. Condom" I breathe out.

"Ugh" he groans, releasing me and dropping me onto the bed making a string of giggles fall from my lips while he moves to open my nightstand.

"Mommy" Liam shouts from his bedroom.

I sit up and look to Josh who looks understandably upset about the interruption. "You've gotta be kidding me" he laughs.

"I'll be right back" I assure him, reaching over to peck his lips. "Don't move."

"Maya" he laughs as I climb off the bed and head off to my son's bedroom.

"Hey buddy" I smile, pushing open his bedroom door. "What's wrong?"

"Cars is skipping" he explains, pointing to the television while he clutches his stuffed Lightning McQueen in the other hand.

"Oh no" I mutter. I really did not have money to replace that movie.

"Mommy fix it" he begs. I sigh, walking over to the DVD player and pulling the movie out, hoping that it's just a fingerprint or something but instead I find scratches all over the surface of the disc.

"Shit" I murmur.

"Mommy did you fix it?" he asks hopefully.

"Um I think we might need a new one buddy" I admit as I turn to face him. "Why don't you get dressed and we'll go see about getting a new copy."

"But mommy I want my Cars."

"I know buddy" I nod. "But it's really scratched kiddo. I'm sorry."

"No" he shouts. "Daddy bought me my movie. It's mine" he says as he stands up and snatches the disc from my hand. "I don't want a new one."

"Alright" I concede. "Is there something else mommy can do for you?"

"No. I want Cars."

"Okay" I nod. "I'll be right back" I assure him, letting out a deep breath as I head back to my bedroom finding Josh underneath the blankets.