27. Long Day

Hello lovelies. I want to start this author's note by thanking each and every one of you that sent your condolences and prayers for me and my family. It really meant a lot to have so much love pouring in from all of you during a rough couple of weeks. I was thankful to have a couple weeks away from Wattpad to just really spend some time with my family and not have updates looming over me but I am happy to say that I'm back. I know it wasn't the longest break but honestly I am so ready to come back and be with my Wattpad family again and I'm really excited to share these updates with all of you. Again I thank all of you for your patience and support and without further ado...the updates!

********************************************************************

"Did you get my message I left you about the house?" I ask Josh while I hear him shushing Jackson. Throughout the past month things have started to get a little rocky what with his increasing presence in Jackson's life and both of us getting caught up with work. My studio was booked solid because of Valentine's Day which was coincidentally tomorrow and also my boyfriend's birthday.

"Yea I got it" he sighs. "I haven't really had time to look at it though. I'm sorry baby" he apologizes. I shake my head as I make my way to Liam's bedroom.

"It's fine. Just make sure you take a look at it soon. I'd hate to lose it" I add as I knock on the door and push it open. "Buddy it's time to get up" I say. He groans and I chuckle as I turn to walk out of the room and head to the kitchen to get his lunch ready.

"I'll look at it" he assures me. "Maybe we can look at it together tomorrow. We are still doing something right? You aren't like dumping me today are you?" he asks making me giggle as I shake my head while kneeling down to retrieve my son's lunchbox.

"We're fine" I reply honestly. I was admittedly a little frustrated but Jackson was still a baby and he needed much more of Josh's attention than Liam or I did. "I just miss you" I add with a sigh.

"I miss you too baby" he agrees. "I cannot wait to see you. Are you coming to pick the kiddo up today or are you sending Mia again?"

"Depends, she hit on you again?" I giggle. It was no secret that my sister in law had quite the crush on my boyfriend but it was harmless and admittedly kind of entertaining.

"All the time" he replies. "It's certainly not as fun as when you come and hit on me."

I gasp, feigning shock. "When did I ever hit on you?" I exclaim. "I kept things completely professional whenever I saw you at school."

"Oh. Well uh maybe that was a dream then" he teases making me shake my head in amusement.

"You are horrible" I scold. "Keep it up and you'll only be seeing me in your dreams."

"Yea okay" he chuckles. "Look I gotta go because I have to drop Jax at Tiffany's place before I go to work but maybe if you catch a free second today you could call me and we could make some plans for tomorrow."

"I'd love that" I confirm. "I'll try to make some time. I love you."

"I love you more. See you later baby."

"Later" I agree, taking the phone from my ear as my son walks into the room wearing a pair of sweatpants and a plain black tee. "Hey buddy you ready for school?"

"When is Josh coming back?" he asks, avoiding my question with a question of his own. I sigh, pushing my hair back.

"He's taking mama out tomorrow but maybe he can spend the night too. How does that sound?" I ask as I help him with his jacket.