34. The Pursuit of Happiness

Hello lovelies! I'm back...again and I'm here with a little update on what's been going on in my life and why updates have been so sporadic. A few weeks back I started my job and my life has been pretty much consumed by. I'm working a lot of hours and it's been tiring me out to the point of coming home and sleeping leaving little time for me to write. Also, last week was my annual family vacation which was some much needed rest and relaxation and I only got one chapter of a book done while I was up there. But now I'm home and off for a couple days so here I am with updates. I can't promise they'll be frequent or as often as usual but I'm trying my best to find a balance with everything in my life right now and it's been a little tricky. I really appreciate your patience and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my books as writing them is still one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy these updates.  

***************************************************************************************

Easter morning. A morning usually filled with plastic eggs and gifts but instead is being spent in the bathroom where I'm leaning against the toilet sick for the millionth time. "Shit" Josh mutters as he walks in and takes a seat behind me. "You look terrible sweetie" he whispers, kissing the back of my head.

"Thanks" I reply snippily. The last thing I needed was confirmation that I looked as horrible as I felt. He rubs my back soothingly and the anger I felt towards him seconds ago begins to disappear slowly.

"I'm sorry baby" he murmurs. "I wish there was something I could do...besides invent a time machine and avoid knocking you up" he chuckles. I sit up and turn to look at him.

"I wouldn't want that" I argue, shaking my head. "I love our baby" I add, placing my hand over my stomach. I knew the baby was about the size of a raspberry at this point but I already loved it unconditionally. It was a part of Josh and I. We had turned our love into something beautiful and I couldn't wait to be a mom again.

"I love it too" he agrees, placing his hand over mine. I want to lean in and kiss him but I know I need to brush my teeth so instead I move his hand and stand up, walking towards the sink and grabbing my tooth brush. "What? No kiss?" Josh complains as he comes up behind me and places his hands over my miniscule bump.

"In a minute" I mumble with my mouth full of toothpaste. He laughs, kissing my cheek and trailing his lips lower and lower until they're moving down my neck and his hands are wandering. "Josh" I attempt to stop him as his hands slip under my night shirt. I still had toothpaste in my mouth; my boyfriend needed to get some patience.

I spit out my toothpaste and turn to face him, crashing my lips onto his, encouraging him to keep going. His hand cups my breast and he smirks against my lips. "They're getting bigger."

"Well I'm pregnant" I giggle as we pull apart briefly.

"I know" he nods, "It's just the little reminders" he adds as he looks down at me lovingly. "They're sort of my reminder that this isn't all just one big dream."

I smile, caressing his cheek. "If it is I hope I never wake up" I murmur before pressing my lips back to his.

*************************************************************************************

"I don't get it" Liam complains as he stares at the Silly Putty in his basket. He loved the stuffed Chase and the Incredibles 2 coloring book but he was less than thrilled with the nostalgic items I had placed in his basket such as the Silly Putty that he was staring at in confusion.

"It's fun" Josh insists, "you can press it against the newspaper and it'll hold the ink, you can freeze it and mold it and-and."

My son stares at him blankly and I place my hand over Josh's. "It's okay buddy. Why don't you just go get dressed for grandma's house?" I ask and he nods as he walks off down the hallway. Josh shakes his head.