But people of all kinds come closer and closer

He had seen woman cry, he had seen lots of them shed tears and he learned long ago that the best thing you could do is just hold them until they stopped. And he did. He allowed her to sob into his chest, he didn’t push her away or tell her they had to go home. He allowed her to have her moment of despair.

It’s the least he could do.

She didn’t say a word until they got to her car. She offered him a ride but he declined. He had a meeting with someone and was already 2 hours late. But he was sure they wouldn’t mind, he would just give them an extra gram if they threatened anything funny. 

It wasn’t long until he did his business, deep in the dark alleys waiting for his usual customers. They arrived nervous as hell and slipped him the money before he threw them their bag. In less than an hour Niall had made more than the top business man had in an entire week. He wasn’t proud with his business but it’s how he was able to afford his lawyer.

By noon, he was shit tired and walked himself to his crummy apartment. He lived alone in the two bedroom house. It was neat and empty, a lot like him he thought.  Without thinking he removed his clothes and laid down on the beat up couch in nothing but his underwear. Rubbing his eyes he thought back to Melody’s frightened and puffy red eyes. How afraid she looked and he swear he felt his heart clench. Something about those blue  eyes hurt him to the core. Like he actually cared for the girl. 

“fucking shit…” he mumbled before standing up and making his way to his bedroom. he picked up his 814ce Taylor guitar and began strumming. A simple old tune he had heard on the radio in his head. For once he felt relaxed, his body sore and tired from the drugs leaving his system.  It was a hard 7 months but he was doing it, he was clean and just getting back to life like they had all suggested.

Today had been crazy, as all the new revelations soon came to mind. His mind only being clouded by the revelation of Melody and her parents making his fingers stop strumming. It hurt his head, to know that they were connected long ago . That both their lives changed 7 months back .

He stood and set his guitar down on the rusty bed before making his way into his guitar case. Unzipping the front pocket and pulling out the crumpled letters. He laid back on his bed and read them. He read them over and over until he fell asleep. Falling in love with the girl who wrote them all along.

Melody hadn’t slept in days and Max could see it taking it’s toll on the young girl

“You okay, Mel? “ he asked

Mel’s eyes were torn away from her cup of coffee and she looked up at her older brother.  

“Yeah, just thinking. “

“Tell me, what you are thinking about? “  he asked

Mel looked at Max oddly, he never asked her how she felt and seemed ot only care for his own well-being. Well, he didn’t really care for that either. She though.

“nothing, I have a date in a couple of minutes and I have yet to get ready for it. “

“You look….”  Max looked at his sister’s appearance and was held back form complimenting her when he noticed the ripped joggers and her dark gray hoodie. Her hair wasn’t even done, mostly thrown back into a French braid that she clearly slept in.

“Great. “ He finished. Smiling at her as much as he could before she lightly laughed and shook her head.

“I don’t know what I’m doing. “  Melody had thought it over and over again this morning when she woke up. What the hell was she doing going on a date.