Your eyes had this same shine

okay, so yeah. i wrote this in honor of fathers day but its clearly like 2 days late but its the thought that counts. 

There’s a point where all you want to do is blame people. Scream and point your finger at them and let them have it. To allow yourself to freedom of not feeling guilty. And Max was at the point. He pace the room, his ears still ringing from the lashing Candace had given him on the phone. It turned out that she wasn’t ready to hear that her little sister had tried to commit suicide all of a sudden. Before she got off the phone with her shaky voice, she made it known to Max that when she got off the plane she would sit everyone down and discuss the future of this family.

Max wasn’t so sure what to do, he was never really there the last 8 months for her. He felt like a complete idiot. He should’ve talked to her, she told him various times that someone would do something drastic and now all he could do was blame himself.

But what was he supposed to do. Age was just number, not only in love but in life. He messed up various times in his life but now he thought this was the cheery on top.

Max watched from afar as his sister slept off the medication. She would be fine, as long as she went to a therapist and got further psychological help to deal with it all. The doctor recommended it for all of them, really.

But now, the phase of blame came as he walked towards her. Her eyes were closed, the tubes no longer through her mouth and nose.

“What the fuck, Mel… How could you be so fucking careless! Do this to me, to Luke… TO FUCKING MOM AND DAD! “

Max shook his head as he tried to constrain his fist from smashing the wall.

 He ran his fingers through his hair furiously and shook his hair down at Mel who had no idea what was going on.

“YOU could’ve told me, you could’ve just said you wanted to die. We could’ve gotten you some fucking help, Mel. You could’ve told me! “

But after blame all that stood was guilt and he soon realized that she was just first to cross the line of depression.

Max had shoved everything to the back of his mind, the lingering thoughts and memories of his beloved parents who were in the wrong place and the wrong time. He chose to come to London with them, to raise them like his father. But his dad would have never allowed any of this to happen. Melody would’ve been happy, she wouldn’t have had suck reckless thoughts. Max felt worthless, he would never be the man his father was and stay strong for his siblings. He failed and now he was looking at his consequence.

“Do you know this guy personally? “

Luke wondered how Niall knew exactly who it was. He seemed so sure and drove his car towards downtown until they were a block away from entering. He immediately pulled over and hopped out.

“Yeah, old friend until I fucked his sister. “  Niall commented.

“What kind of friend are you? “ Luke asked following Niall down the path until they made it to Sean’s Pub.

 “I wasn’t a good one but i was a fucking idiot before. Plus I gave that guy a chance, the bitch wasn’t worth shit. “

Luke watched as Niall looked around the room, his eyes scanning the place until they landed on a certain group in the corner.

“Remember what I said, don’t give no information, alright?”

Luke nodded and followed Niall who confidently made his way towards the small group.

There were about 4 guys there, all with slicked back hair and black t-shirts.  Every one of them as skinny as Niall use to be and a giant cobra tattoo wrapping around their arm until it made its way to their shoulders.