IV

I woke up to the sound of loud voices speaking. It seemed they were having an argument. I kept my eyes shut, when I heard a door open. I felt the bed sag, announcing someone's presence. My eyes fluttered open when I felt a hand rubbing up and down my upper-thigh.

'Good morning love', his deep, cold voice said. I raised my head slightly to look at him.

'What happened', I asked, my voice weak.

'You fainted', he said, still touching my thigh.

I pulled my leg away, and crawled a little further. He raised his eyebrows at me.

'Where are you going love?'

'Away from you.'

For a second darkness filled his eyes, but it disappeared before anyone would have seen it.

I got off the bed, but my legs gave in instantly. Jason grabbed me, before my body fell to the floor. He lifted me up, bride style, and carried me out of the room. I was too weak to struggle, so I stayed calm.

'You got the power of teleportation?' I asked. He chuckled silently.

'Sadly enough, I don't.'

He carried me down the stairs and into the living room. He laid me down in the divan and sat down beside me. This seemed to be his kind side. I didn't want to upset him so I kept quiet.

'Do you want to watch a movie?' he asked, while scrolling down Netflix.

'Um, sure, why not?'

'What movie do you want to watch?'

'You choose.'

I sat up straight and pulled my legs on the sofa. I stared at his concentrated face, adoring his beautiful features. His sharp jaw-line, his leaf-green eyes, his silver nose piercing and the dragon-like tattoo adorning his neck. If he wouldn't be such a jerk, I could absolutely like him.

'Chrystal?' he suddenly asked, waving his hands in front of me.

'Huh, yeah?'

'You were zoning out.'

'Oh, sorry', I apologized, 'Did you ask something?'

'Yeah, I was asking if this movie is fine?' he said pointing towards the TV. I nodded in response. I was glad he didn't choose a romantic movie. He picked Guardians of the galaxy: vol. 2. I had already seen it, but it didn't matter. I wasn't concentrated unlike Jason, he was watching the movie with no attention to anything else. I started thinking.

Why is he doing this? Why does he get angry when I ask? I get that he's bipolar, but it doesn't make sense. At this point he's fine, but that could change very quick. Preferably I would want him to be like this all the time. But unfortunately he's got mood swings, and they change like the wind.

'Chrystal?' he waved his hands again, looking at me with a puzzled face, 'You were zoning out again.'

'I'm sorry.'

'What were you thinking about?'

'Uh, nothing, never mind', I said, but he didn't really seemed to agree. Fortunately he didn't say anything about it.

'Do you want something to drink?' he asked.

'Uh, yeah that'd be nice.'

'What do you want', he said, while pausing the movie and walking towards the kitchen.

'A glass of water would be great.'

He nodded and walked in. I was surprised he didn't let any of his maids, or butlers get if for him. Maybe he was trying to impress, or to make up for what he did. I glanced down to look at my arm. The bandage was of and the wound had healed pretty well. It was a visible scar, clearly showing what he had carved. Clearly showing I was his.