VII

The door creaked open, making my eyes flutter open in no-time. My head shot towards the doorway and my eyes met the blue-ones belonging to Michael. His head peeked through the door.

'Can I come in?'

'Sure.'

Michael entered the room and sat down beside me. His eyes seemed serious. A knot formed in my stomach.

Something's wrong...

'What's the matter?'

'Um, we're leaving this place.'

'What do you mean, leaving?'

'We're moving to our headquarters in Texas.'

'TEXAS! But, that's like a million miles away from here...'

'Yeah, we know.'

'But... but... we can't leave, I'll never be able to get back to my family if we move to Texas.'

Michael frowned, but started laughing almost immediately.

'Haha, back? You'll never get back to your family, no matter where we are. Even if we stay here, there's no way Jason will let you go. It's better that you accept the fact that you'll be staying with him for the rest of your life.'

Even though I already knew what he said, it still hurt. Jason would never let me go. And I should accept the fact that I would spent the rest of my days with him.

'Michael? Can I ask you something?'

'Uhum.'

'Uh, E-'

I couldn't finish my sentence as the door opened again. But it was not Jason. My eyes widened when I saw the person coming into "my" room. His hazel eyes, his red lips, his lightly tanned skin. It couldn't be.

'Hi, Chrystal', his way to familiar voice, awkwardly, said. Anger was taking control of me, as I got up from the bed and stormed at him. I tried punching him, but he had grabbed my arms before I had the opportunity.

'Whoa, easy Chrystal.'

'EASY! YOU FUCKING BASTARD!' I yelled at him, struggling to get out of his grip. His eyes darkened and he strengthened his grip.

'Never, do you hear me, never call me that here, Chrystal!' he spat.

'Or what? You gonna hurt me? You can't hurt me more, then you've already done! You fucking betrayed me. I thought I could trust you for fucks sake. Why?'

Tears started running down my cheeks. It felt as if someone stabbed a thousand knives in my heart.

'What's going on? Ethan?' Jason's voice said, Ethan immediately let go of me, and I tumbled to the floor. Crying in my hands. I heard footsteps leaving the room, and footsteps entering. Knees cracked, as Jason kneeled down in front of me, gently clenching his fingers around my chin. He lifted my head, making me look into his leaf green eyes.

'Are you okay?'

'No! I'm not okay! I just found out, that I've been betrayed by my best friend!'

Tears were still travelling in a fast speed down my cheeks.

'I know this must be hard to ta-'

'No! You have no fucking idea how I feel!'

'Chrystal! What have I said about that language!'

'I don't care what you've said!'

I got up and ran out of the room. I didn't know where to go, but I just ran. I ran past everything and everyone. Down the stairs and into the living room. The front door was attracting my attention. I didn't slow down though. I dashed for the front door, opened it and dashed out of the mansion.

Loud voices were to be heard behind me, but that didn't distract me from my goal. Freedom. Finally I could feel free. Only if it was for a moment. The sound of footsteps was getting louder. Too loud. His warm breath could be felt.

I ran into some random street and for a second I felt safe. But I tripped and fell. The fall causing all air to be pressed out of my lungs. I coughed.

'Chrystal, Chrystal, Chrystal..' he sighed, shaking his head.

'HELP! SOMEBODY HELP ME!' I screamed at the top of my lungs.

'Hey, what's going on over there', I heard a man's voice yell in the distance.

'HELP ME!'

Jason's eyes were panicked for a second, but that disappeared soon enough.

'I'll come back for you, love', he said, before disappearing into the darkness of the night.

A shadow was coming closer. I crawled back a little, afraid.

'Hey, you alright?' a man asked. He stepped into the light, showing of his young features. He must've been around twenty, twenty-one. He was wearing pajamas showing he had just woken up. His messy hair was another proof on that theory.

'You okay?' he repeated, stepping a little closer. I shuffled back. His facial expression showed compassion and worry. He reached out his hand. Hesitantly I took it and he helped me onto my feet. My legs were shaking. He escorted me into a house, the warmth making me feel more relaxed. He guided me towards the couch and I sat down.

'Can I get you anything?' he asked gently.

'A glass of water would be nice.'

He nodded and walked out of the living room.

'Lewis, what is going on?' a warm woman's voice said. An elderly woman entered the living room. She had to be around forty-five, fifty-ish.

'Oh my god, dear lord. You're the missing girl', she said. Her eyes filled with compassion. She stepped closer and I flinched for a second, making her stop.

The young man re-entered with a glass of water and handed it to me.

'Thank you' I said quietly. He gave me a warm smile and sat down beside me. The woman came a little closer and crouched down in front of me.

'Dear, what happened to you?' she asked.

My eyes were burning as the first tear slipped out.

'Lewis, call 911', she demanded and he got up. Only a few seconds later I could hear him talking over the phone.

'They'll be here in a few minutes.'

'My name is Lisa', she said, and sat down next to me. She started hugging me tightly. The tears didn't stop and I started sobbing loudly. The sound of sirens getting louder and louder, announcing the police's presence. Only seconds later, knocks on the door were to be heard. Lewis went away, and two police men entered.

Lisa stood up and went towards them. They started talking, but I didn't listen. The sudden poke of one of them startled me. Out of panic I dropped the glass, making it splatter into millions of little pieces.

'Oh my god! I'm sorry', I apologized.

'No problem, sweetheart', Lisa said.

'Euh, miss Moore. I'm officer Nichols and this is my colleague officer Jameson', he greeted, 'Is it okay if we take you to the station to ask you some questions?'

'Sure.'

I got up and followed officer Nichols out the front door. He let me into one of the police cars and stepped into the front seat. Officer Jameson sat down beside me. The way towards the station, all I could think of was Jason.

I'll come back for you, love.