IX

It was a long ride towards the police station, but we made it. I got out of the car, and followed the two officers into the modern building. Policemen were running in and out at a fast rate. When we walked in, all eyes were glued to me.

My gaze fell upon a small woman, she was sitting down with a hanky at her nose.

'M-Mom?' I stuttered. She turned her head and the moment she saw me, she shot up and ran towards me. She hugged me so tight it almost hurt.

'Dear, I was so worried about you', she said, while petting my hair gently, 'What happened?'

'Miss Moore, could you please follow me? We would want to ask you some questions.'

I nodded and followed officer Nichols into a small interrogation room.

'Please sit', he gestured towards a single chair. I sat down and silently glared at the man in front of me.

'Could you please tell us what happened?'

'I woke up in some kind of black market where they sold girls. I was one of them. They forced me onto a stage, where men could see me and bid. I eventually got bought by someone, he paid one million dollars for me...' the officer interrupted.

'Could you give us a name?'

'Yeah, Jason Davis.'

Silence filled the room as both men looked at me.

'Jason Davis? You sure?'

'Yes, absolutely sure. Why?'

'He's the most wanted criminal in all of America. Did he hurt you?'

'Uh, well apart from this', I said while showing the scar on my arm, 'He didn't really touch me.'

'What else happened?'

'I wasn't the first to be taken. He showed me his office. It was filled with files of other girls. I wasn't even supposed to be at that auction. He had it all figured out, he was going to kidnap me nonetheless. I'll never be safe, he'll come back for me.'

'We'll make sure he doesn't', Nichols tried to comfort me, 'But can you give us more names?'

'Uh yeah sure. Alex Walker, Tyler Young and Ethan Harper. I know him, he was supposed to be my best friend...' I could no longer say anything. Tears were running down my cheeks.

'I think that's all', he said, 'We'll get you to a safe house, and you'll be protected 24/7, so don't worry.'

I tried to force a smile, but it only seemed crooked. They showed me out of the room and I hugged my mom tightly, letting the streams flow down.

'You're safe now, dear', she said.

As we were driving through the night sky his words echoed through my mind.

I'll come back for you... I'll come back for you...

'Oh my god, watch out!' one of the officers yelled, but it was already too late. Another car crashed into ours, making the light vehicle flip over. My heart raced and my breathing was heavy as I glanced over to my mom. Her face was covered in blood and she was unconscious.

'Mom! Mom!' I yelled, but she didn't react. I unbuckled the seatbelt and fell on the ceiling. Smoke filled my lungs as I realized the car was on fire.

With all the strength I had left, I pushed the car door open. The moment I got out, two strong arms buckled themselves around my waist and dragged my away from the car.

'No! Mom! I have to save her! Stop!' I screamed, while tears rolled down my cheeks. At that moment the car exploded with a loud bang. For a second, the person stopped dragging me away, as he stared at the sea of flames. I struggled to get out of his arms, but he tightened his grip and dragged me away again.

'No! Let go of me! Mom!'

Tears still fell down as the exploded car disappeared into the distance.

'I told you I'd come back for you', his deep, ice-cold voice said, before throwing me into the back of a van. He closed the door and left me all alone. The engine roared as I felt the vehicle move, fast. I crawled into a corner and folded myself into a ball. My hands covered my eyes, catching the falling tears.

This can't be true. I can't lose my brother and my mother. It was hard enough losing Noah. No. This must be a bad dream.

I closed my eyes and opened them again, hoping I'd still be in the car, alongside my mother. But all I could see were the black walls of the van. It was no dream. He killed my mother. He was responsible for her death. And he'll pay for it.

The van came to a stop, and the doors opened. Jason's smirking face glanced right at me. It was no smirk, It was a straight up smile. I was no longer afraid of him. I was furious and expected him to be angry as well.

'If you wanna punish me, go right on ahead. But I wanna get one thing straight. I. Will. Never. Love. You.'

His eyes darkened a little, as he got in. He kneeled down in front of me and carefully grabbed my hand. He looked at the scar, he was responsible for.

'Do you see this?' he asked, 'This is the proof that you're mine. And you'll do as I tell you. You'll love me, I'm sure you will.'

'Do you really believe this? Do you even hear what you're saying? I don't give a fuck that you kidnapped me, and I don't give a fuck that you've hurt me physically. But you've crossed the line. You killed my mother, you fucking killed her.'

'Hey, Chrystal. I never had the intention to get her killed. She could no longer be helped.'

'Who says so huh? Who says she couldn't be helped anymore. She was still breathing, but you took her away from me and you'll pay for it!' I yelled and lunged for him. I tried kicking him and punching him, but he had me pinned down on the floor.

He hovered over me and brought his lips closer to my ear.

'I will punish you alright. But not today, I've hurt you enough for a day', he said as he got up an pulled me to my feet. He dragged me out of the van and my gaze fell upon the giant mansion I had so gladly escaped out.

'Are you gonna behave, or do I have to drag you in?' he asked.

'I can walk', I bit.

He rolled his eyes and gave me a little push, encouraging me to move forward. I obeyed and walked through the wooden door.

'Chrystal!' Lucy yelled as she hugged me tight, 'I'm so glad you're back and unharmed.' She glanced over at Jason.

I might appear unharmed, but mentally I'm broken. I just lost the person closest to me. A single tear rolled down my cheek. I looked away, not wanting Lucy to see. I didn't want to get her in trouble.

'Go to your room, and get some sleep', Jason demanded.

'How do you expect me to sleep right now, you piece of shit', I spat. He warned me with his eyes, but that didn't scare me.

'I hate you, you prick', I said.

'What did you call me?' he asked, while I was certain he heard me.

'Prick.'

'That's enough!' he yelled. He grabbed my arm and dragged me up the stairs. He pushed me into, the way to familiar room and locked the door. I sank down on my knees and cried.

Why?

***

Hi guys, I know, I know it's been so long. But I've been so busy with school and the horses, that I barely had the time to write. But nontheless here's another part. See you guys next week.

Kiara x