Healing

News spread quickly throughout the palace of the poor Empress Chiyo who was injured during an assassin attempt or so the rumors of busy maids and servants said in the thin walls of the palace.

The Emperor lay by Jade's side not wanting to leave. She had yet to recover after three days of being treated and remained asleep.
"My Most High..." A messenger kowtowed as low as he could through the door.
"Rise..." The Emperor scolded irritated for he already knew the news that spread like wild fire.
"Empress Chiyo request your presence..."

"Does she?.." The Emperor muttered looking off to himself.
The Emperor sighed and sent the messenger off.
Just then Jade began to stir and the Emperor rushed to her side.
"Y-Your Highness!" She explained rising in shock.
The Emperor laid her back down petting her hair as though she was so fragile that she would break otherwise.
"I am here my love...I will always be by your side till the day I die." The Emperor cooed kissing his Genki.

Chiyo stood on her outer garden walkway holding a gate pole top rubbing her wound with medicine that would increase her swelling she gnashed her teeth when it began to burn. A servant girl came out.
"My Wonderful Empress please let this lowly servant tend your wound or else it might get infected."

"You seem to be the only one who cares?..." Chiyo sighed griping the railing.

"My Empress?..."

"If I were to die would he even notice? There's no point in pretending to care now be off!"

The servant girl rushed off back inside the Empress chambers.
Chiyo blew on her wound. She was pissed that the Emperor would still dare ignore her. Tomorrow she would be forced to begin her weekends with the Empress Dowager. She didn't really care much for her except for her shared hatred towards the Genki.