Fall Of Genki

Jia stepped back in horror as the Emperor along with his enochs appeared gathering out of several carriages. A horrible scorn lay across Shanghai's face as his eyes fell onto the dead General who still had the dagger in him along with Jia's hair pin in one of his tightly squeezed hands.

"Your...Your Majesty..." Jia stuttered holding her heart trembling. She had never seen her love so furious but then she remembered the dead General next to her and how suspicious it was for her to be out of her chambers at such an hour and especially for the fact that she was alone with a man whom was now dead and holding her hair pin.

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty have mercy! I didn't dare to do anything wrong. The Most High Empress Dowager, made me come here." Jia sobbed dropping to her knees as her left hand grabbed miserably onto the bottom of Shanghai's robe.

The Emperor kept silent.
His enochs muttered amongst themselves of how greatly the Genki was spoiled to dare accuse a royal.

Shanghai bit his lit firmly feeling not only outrage but betrayal by the very woman he had opened his heart too. He looked down at the pin in General Zhao's hand. It was the very pin he had given her after they had slept together.

"You claim to do nothing wrong yet, General Zhao lays dead before you with your hair pin in his very hand....And even your robe is in disarray!"
The Emperor exclaimed feeling more heat rise to his cheeks. He no longer held affection for the traitorous Genki before him whom he once thought of as kind and loyal.

"Please have mercy, I didn't do this! You have to believe me!" Jia begged hopelessly.
"Enough!" The Emperor roared pushing off Jia as she screamed before stumbling hard off the pavilion onto a large rock.

A cracking sound from her head was followed by a deathly silence. The Emperor took a step back with widened eyes in fear at what he had done. He had killed her. The woman he had once loved.

Chiyo who was watching from the shadows behind the stone entrance to the rock garden smirked feeling quite pleased with the turn of events.

As Chiyo turned around preparing to go back to her chambers an arrow shot pass her only inches away from her head. Her eyes widened in shock as her body froze in place.
"Halt who goes there?!" One of the enoch's shouted.

"Darn. I exposed myself." Chiyo thought as she looked down at a long broken branch beneath her right slipper.

Several enochs footsteps drew closer to Chiyo who had no cover except for the stone entrance which she firmly pressed herself against slightly shivering as it's coldness sunk into the fabric of her robe. She silently prayed not to be found. Moments went by the the enochs searched the area for any sign of an intruder.

Shanghai shook with guilt and horror that someone could have witnessed his crime. Even know he was the Most High he just couldn't bear if someone knew what he had done. Shanghai closed his eyes with disgrace but then opened them as he realized that if an intruder was here then Jia was innocent. He looked at her corpse feeling mortified that she could have died in vain.

Chiyo's heart beat quickened as one of the enochs began to slowly walk through the entrance. If he were to take a glance to his left he'd surely see her. He paused looked straight ahead and then to his right.

Chiyo closed her eyes knowing that this was it. Despite being royal she had committed treason by getting a wife of the Emperor killed and a high ranking General was murdered by her hand. Surely her reign and life would end tonight.

"No one is here." The enoch's voice said. Chiyo opened her eyes to see that the enoch had turned around and was making his way back to the pavilion along with the rest of his men.

Chiyo took this as an opportunity to make her escape. Her fear was soon replaced as a pleasurable sensation took hold of her as she realized that she had won. Now only if she could get rid of Jade too.