Mysterious Figure

Shanghai sat at his desk which was covered in numerous documents of the state.
He looked down at the palm of his right hand which held a large Jade bracelet with a brush dipped in ink in his other hand he began to paint the expensive accessory.

As black slowly covered the bracelet he began to long of Jade. He imagined her black kimono and her delicate but perfectly sculpted skin. He thought of their child he had neglected all these years. He only watched from the shadows as she grew and he felt regret.

He remembered his promise to his mother and his heart felt pain but then he smiled remembering Jia. She was just like Jade. The Emperor sighed  wondering if she could ever take away his pain and grief.

Just as the emperor put down the now dry jade piece an enoch messenger entered his room bowing deeply.

"Greetings Most High Heavenly Emperor this servant brings news from Genki Jia."

The Emperor felt his heart flutter like a young boy in love.

"Rise." The Emperor said impatient to hear from his sweet Jia.

"Genki Jia requests for your
Most High Heavenly Emperor to meet her at the east gardens."

Shanghai raised his eyebrow in confusion as he turned to look out the window. It should be at least midnight. Why on earth would Genki Jia want to meet at such time and given the odd place it just didn't sit right with the Emperor.

"Ok ,round up a few guards and servants. I'll be heading over to the east gardens." The Emperor said suddenly feeling a sense of dread.

As much as the Emperor loved Jia he couldn't help but feel that something bad was eloping his future.
----------------------------------------------
Jia sneezed as the freezing midnight air picked up. She held her cloak fast against chest nervously making her way to the east gardens pavilion.

No sooner did she approach did a figure move out of the shadows. Her eyes widened in fear upon not seeing Chiyo but the respected General Zhao.

Her surprise was not alone but shared as General Zhao looked shocked as well. Before either could say a word another figure emerged behind the unaware Zhao. Carefully removing his dagger from his sheath a glimmer of moonlight shining on the dagger revealed the face of a woman whose eye's were cold and deadly.

Jia stepped back in fear now noticing the figure. General Zhao was about to speak but instead grunted out in pain as the dagger pierced his back. He took a step forward reaching out in desperation towards Jia accidentally grabbing her hairpin causing her long brown hair to flow loosely around her shoulders and back.

General Zhao collapsed and croaked death and the mysterious figure disappeared.
Genki Jia in shock dropped to her knees not knowing how to react to the unfortunate events that occurred tonight.

Such a response was unnecessary as the sound of horses carrying fate soon drew into the clearing of the east gardens and became louder with each passing whip.