A New Friend

FOR eight months since I arrived in this fictional world, I became so close to Aida's team. Aw. It's like the dream of Ascension avid fans and I'm so lucky that my dream came true! Aida is the closest friend to me in Arunia. Perhaps it's because of an invisible bond that connects us together. I could still reminisce how Aida’s team found me at the Valondian temple moments after their fight against Diego and his crew.

Now, here I am at Tillie’s wedding as a guest and as a wedding designer. As I was busy observing as they get drunk, Aida walked up to me to ask a favor. Then we roamed around the ballroom hall and stopped in front of a mannequin which I remembered wasn't originally there the last time I arrived.

Aida placed her hands on her hips and glanced at the mannequin. "Kole, this is Aileene. Aileene, meet Kole. Now Kole, I'll be off to somewhere and there's no need for you to come with me. Just accompany her and wait 'til I get back. Let's catch up later, Aileene!" Then she made her escape. I wonder why she's talking to a mannequin a while ago and where's that butler anyway?

"Nice to meet you, Miss Aileene."

"Ahh!" I jumped out from surprise. I glanced at the mannequin as I pointed it out with my finger. "Did you just talk?"

"Yes. I'm sorry, Miss Aileene.” The mannequin touched it's nape.” I didn't mean to startle you."

My jaw dropped. "The mannequin moved and talked to me!" I shook my head from the conclusion I made. I must be crazy. "Maybe I just lacked some sleep which is the reason why I'm hallucinating right now."

"You're not hallucinating, Miss Aileene."

"I really need to get some sleep. But first I have to find Aida's butler." I muttered to myself.

"But I am Miss Aida's bodyguard."

My eyebrows almost met. I touched the mannequin's arm and felt it's body heat. I flickered my eyes before I finally realized that the mannequin was actually a human. "You're alive. You seemed like a human but how come you don't have pupils?"

"Pupils?"

"Yes. Your eyes are all white which is kind of scary."

His expression went gloomy. "It's because I'm a Kaleik."

"Kaleik… I think I’ve read about that before. Is that a new kind of creature?"

"I'm not a new creature. Kaleiks lived for centuries already."

I nodded. "Oohh... So what makes you different from humans?"

"Like other Kaleiks, I'm gifted with a strong sense of hearing, stronger than any other creatures in Arunia."

"Cool. How far can you hear?"

"I can hear what's happening from here up to the city."

I smiled warily. "So you probably heard what Aida and I talked about."

"Yes. But I can't blame Miss Aida. This was originally Boss' plan anyway."

"By the way, my name's Aileene."

"I'm Kole."

"Nice to meet you, Kole!" I held out my hand to him. A look of confusion flushed his face. I reached out for his hands and shook ours.

"Wh-what was that?"

"Isn't it obvious? It's a handshake!"

"Why did you do that?"

"Because that's what people are supposed to do whenever they meet new people."

"But I haven't notice other people do that."